Modifying a theme

Marcos Taracido

Dec 31, 2013, 10:19:07 AM12/31/13
to habari...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I creating my blog with Habari... using Mzingi theme... Is it possible to modify the theme? Change colors, add an top image...

Konzertheld

Dec 31, 2013, 10:24:59 PM12/31/13
to habari...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

of course it is possible to modify the theme! If you just want to change few elements (for example, only CSS, sounds like what you said), a child theme might be the most efficient way. See this wiki page: http://wiki.habariproject.org/en/Parent_and_Child_Themes

You can also copy the Mzingi folder from system/themes to user/themes and then modify as you like. That is very easy, but you will have unnecessary duplicate files if you do not change a lot.

If you are on GitHub, you can also fork the Mzingi repo and share your work. Find the repo here: https://github.com/habari/mzingi and instructions on forking here: https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo

Marcos Taracido

Jan 1, 2014, 6:18:27 AM1/1/14
to habari...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.

Ok, but, anyway, I must to modify theme at local, with a text editor, and then upload for ftp, must I? There is no way to do it trought admin panel, is there?

Chris Meller

Jan 1, 2014, 11:17:55 AM1/1/14
to Habari Users
That's correct. Some themes make options like colors available in the theme's configuration, but if you have to edit the files directly there is no way to do that through the admin.

Marcos Taracido

Jan 1, 2014, 12:41:47 PM1/1/14
to habari...@googlegroups.com
Anyway, I think smething is wrong in my istallation... I can active another theme, when I click over "active or preview" anything change... and I dont know why is that "Navegación" and "Apartes" in sidebar, I did not put them and there are not in the admin area for themes... http://librodeloscuervos.com/

Konzertheld

Jan 3, 2014, 10:35:44 PM1/3/14
to habari...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to remove the two blocks from the sidebar in the theme section of your admin. They have propably been added when you changed themes.