1.0 release ?

ApacheSenzala

May 28, 2015, 9:31:22 AM5/28/15
to habar...@googlegroups.com
Forgive me if this is a question that has been asked before... I did a search found nothing.

Is Habari heading towards a stable 1.0 release anytime soon and if so roughly when would that be.

I'm thinking about learning PHP in depth rather than being the cut and paster I've been in the past. I've wanted to tinker with a CMS or framework that is cutting edge. I'm dithering between Laravel or Habari. Anybody got opinons on the latter and and any answers to the former question?

Chris Meller

May 28, 2015, 5:22:00 PM5/28/15
to habar...@googlegroups.com
We've always treated 1.0 as kind of a holy grail - everything in our original list of wants and needs is done!

There has never been any real timeline, since we are all volunteers it happens when it happens depending on how much time we can devote to it.

I recommend both Laravel and Habari, but keep in mind that they are completely different beasts. Habari is a CMS that can be used as a framework for sites just as Wordpress or any other CMS can, but Laravel is a complete framework that comes with nothing and can do anything with enough effort. It depends on what you're looking for and want to do.

I'd personally recommend starting out with a CMS and building your own theme and plugins. It's easier to pick up a new language when you've got existing constraints to work around rather than a completely blank slate.

Hope that helps!