I love Habari, now how to get it to work on php 5.2.14

Brandon

Jan 11, 2016, 3:30:59 PM1/11/16
to habari-dev
Hi There,

I uploaded the requirements.php to my website site and it said

"Your system is ready for Habari 0.8!"

I thought great, I loaded in on my local sever and started playing with it and I love it. For a person who knows how to code it is very simple and easy to use. I do not have to spend hours figuring out how to work around an interface that thinks it knows what I want to do. Habari is simple and just works. In short I love it.

Now that I have played with it for a month or so on my local sever I am now ready to put it on my website. When I uploaded a working copy to my webhost it does not work. It now tells me

Habari needs PHP 5.4 or higher to run. You are currently running PHP 5.2.14.

I am on an older shared host and there is zero chance of them upgrading, so I need to work around it if possible.

Is there an older version of Habari that I can use that will work with php 5.2? Or better yet is there an easy way to localize which things require php 5.4 or higher and to edit/remove them?

Thanks,

Brandon

Bryce Campbell

Jan 11, 2016, 3:34:08 PM1/11/16
to habar...@googlegroups.com

Try to find versions 0.6 or 0.7, but as far as I know the Habari teams prefers to use a supported version of PHP, and mostly newer stuff.

Have you looked into using a different host or hosting it yourself? A page of hosts where Habari has been tested is available on the net somewhere.

Chris J. Davis

Jan 11, 2016, 5:48:32 PM1/11/16
to habar...@googlegroups.com
I host all of my Habari sites at digital ocean and it really can't be beat for the price and specs.

Just my 2 cents in the ring. And welcome to the community! I know we have been silent but it isn't for a lack of love for the project.

Sent from my iPhone