browser-based functional testing

Peter Kehl

May 6, 2014, 10:06:37 PM5/6/14
to habar...@googlegroups.com
From https://github.com/habari/tests.git > units/ and features/ it seems to me that you have unit tests, but not many functional tests. If you'd like automated browser-based functional/regression testing for Habari, you may be interested in SeLite. It extends Selenium IDE. It allows your tests to access (read and write to) a test DB (isolated from the DB of the tested application). It's open source.

It could work very well for you, especially since Habari can keeps its data in SQLite. SeLite uses a (separate) SQLite DB for test data, so your test data lifecycle would be very easy. However, you can benefit from SeLite even if your test instance of Habari works with other type of DB.

Creating tests in Selenium IDE is convenient and highly productive. It doesn't require low-level programming skills, so even users/designers could contribute new tests. Tests can be maintained in GIT. See https://code.google.com/p/selite/wiki/ProjectHome.

I could create a test framework and provide some examples. Would there be any interest?

-Peter Kehl