jTagEditor

Christian Mohn (h0bbel)

Sep 21, 2007, 7:55:04 AM9/21/07
to habari-dev
"jTagEditor is a lightweight jQuery plugin which allows you to turn
any textarea tag into a quick tag editor in an inobtrusive manner.
This plugin is easy to use and fully customizable (Styles, Tagset and
behaviours)"

http://www.jaysalvat.com/jquery/jtageditor/

No specific license seems to have been applied to this, other than
"free to use"

I tried integrating this into admin on my dev install, and it's an
easy task to put it in there. It seems to work pretty well too. Am I
jumping into a waspsnest again, or is this plausible?

Christian

Chris J. Davis

Sep 21, 2007, 8:17:08 AM9/21/07
to habar...@googlegroups.com
Looks promising, I would wait to push it until Safari 3 final is out,
since from doco it doesn't play well with Safari 2

Nice find.

Christian Mohn (h0bbel)

Sep 21, 2007, 8:38:56 AM9/21/07
to habari-dev
Ok, so file a ticket and patch my own local install. :-)

Owen Winkler

Sep 21, 2007, 8:42:36 AM9/21/07
to habar...@googlegroups.com
On 9/21/07, Christian Mohn (h0bbel) <h0b...@gmail.com> wrote:

> No specific license seems to have been applied to this, other than
> "free to use"

The preamble text on the source looks a lot like an MIT license to me.

> I tried integrating this into admin on my dev install, and it's an
> easy task to put it in there. It seems to work pretty well too. Am I
> jumping into a waspsnest again, or is this plausible?

It seems like a good candidate to test how we could deploy a plugin
that adds a shared library. There's got to get a better way than
"copy file X to directory Y, copy file A to directory B, then
activate".

Owen

Christian Mohn (h0bbel)

Sep 21, 2007, 8:47:15 AM9/21/07
to habari-dev

> > No specific license seems to have been applied to this, other than
> > "free to use"
>
> The preamble text on the source looks a lot like an MIT license to me.

Yes, but it's not specifically noted as MIT.

> > I tried integrating this into admin on my dev install, and it's an
> > easy task to put it in there. It seems to work pretty well too. Am I
> > jumping into a waspsnest again, or is this plausible?
>
> It seems like a good candidate to test how we could deploy a plugin
> that adds a shared library. There's got to get a better way than
> "copy file X to directory Y, copy file A to directory B, then
> activate".

Right. I would love to be able to ship this is a non-core plugin.

Christian

Owen Winkler

Sep 21, 2007, 12:10:42 PM9/21/07
to habar...@googlegroups.com
On 9/21/07, Christian Mohn (h0bbel) <h0b...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > No specific license seems to have been applied to this, other than
> > > "free to use"
> >
> > The preamble text on the source looks a lot like an MIT license to me.
>
> Yes, but it's not specifically noted as MIT.

True, but the MIT license doesn't say "This is the MIT license"
either, and probably more importantly, the license text is identical:
http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php

There's also no requirement that a non-core plugin be Apache
License-compatible. Even make a GPL plugin if you want to.

Owen

Christian Mohn

Sep 21, 2007, 12:59:50 PM9/21/07
to habar...@googlegroups.com
Sure, but if we stick in in -contrib it's another question.