Feature request: Adding lead indices that each sample was assigned to in the forest with randomForest

Matthew Oldach

Mar 9, 2021, 12:54:18 AMMar 9
to H2O Open Source Scalable Machine Learning - h2ostream
To whom it may concern,

I had submitted a feature request about a year ago via e-mail but I never heard back.

Looking back now, the package has been updated to h20-3 so I'm hoping you can implement this now.

I would like to get the leaf indices that each sample was assigned to in the random forest function but this did not exist earlier (yet it does in other `R` packages such as {randomForest} and {ranger} as described in this StackOverflow question over a year ago (still not answered or added as a feature): https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59360387/extracting-leaf-indices-that-each-sample-was-assigned-to-in-the-forest-from-rand

Sincere regards,
Matthew Oldach