min_rows parameter

נוי כהן

Nov 25, 2020, 3:32:29 AM11/25/20
to H2O Open Source Scalable Machine Learning - h2ostream
Hi,
What does min_rows in Isolation Forest model mean?
Is it defined as "min_samples_leaf" parmeter or "min_samples_split" parameter in scikit-learn package?
In other words, min_rows defines the minimum number of samples required to be at a leaf  or the minimum number of samples required to
split a node?
Thanks!

Tom Kraljevic

Nov 25, 2020, 11:00:36 AM11/25/20
to נוי כהן, H2O Open Source Scalable Machine Learning - h2ostream

hi,

here is the detailed documentation page describing the parameter:
http://docs.h2o.ai/h2o/latest-stable/h2o-docs/data-science/algo-params/min_rows.html

thanks
tom

נוי כהן

Nov 25, 2020, 11:24:22 AM11/25/20
to Tom Kraljevic, H2O Open Source Scalable Machine Learning - h2ostream
I saw this but I didn't understand to what this parameter refers. Is it meaning to the number of samples to split node or the number of samples required to be at a leaf?
Thanks.

Darren Cook

Nov 25, 2020, 12:21:13 PM11/25/20
to h2os...@googlegroups.com
> I saw this but I didn't understand to what this parameter refers. Is it
> meaning to the number of samples to split node or the number of samples
> required to be at a leaf?

Here is an explanation of the difference between the two in scikit:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/46488222/841830

The H2O docs says: "if a user specifies min_rows = 500, ... then the
algorithm ... requires 500 responses on both sides. "

So that sounds like the description of min_samples_leaf.

Darren

>> here is the detailed documentation page describing the parameter:
>>
>> http://docs.h2o.ai/h2o/latest-stable/h2o-docs/data-science/algo-params/min_rows.html

נוי כהן

Nov 25, 2020, 12:46:33 PM11/25/20
to H2O Open Source Scalable Machine Learning - h2ostream
Thanks!
How can I check it?

ב-יום רביעי, 25 בנובמבר 2020 בשעה 19:21:13 UTC+2, dar...@dcook.org כתב/ה:

נוי כהן

Nov 25, 2020, 12:57:33 PM11/25/20
to H2O Open Source Scalable Machine Learning - h2ostream
There is a way to validate it with code?

ב-יום רביעי, 25 בנובמבר 2020 בשעה 19:46:33 UTC+2, נוי כהן כתב/ה: