H2 Database Engine: New version released

Andrei Tokar

Dec 22, 2021, 1:56:44 PM12/22/21
to Andrei Tokar
Hello,

A new version 2.0.204 of H2 is available at http://www.h2database.com
(you may have to click 'Refresh').

For details, see the 'Change Log' at
http://www.h2database.com/html/changelog.html

P.S. If you reply to this message please use a different subject.

Have fun,
Andrei Tokar

Gary Gregory

Dec 23, 2021, 8:23:58 AM12/23/21
to H2 Database
Hello from Apache Commons DBCP: There appears to be some breakage we notice when updating from 200 to 204.

The full build log for the PR "Bump h2 from 1.4.200 to 2.0.204 Java CI #560" is here: https://github.com/apache/commons-dbcp/runs/4614345120?check_suite_focus=true

For example:

org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLSyntaxErrorException:
129 Syntax error in SQL statement "CREATE TABLE TEST_DATA (KEY[*] VARCHAR(100), ID BIGINT, VALUE DOUBLE PRECISION, INFO TEXT, TS TIMESTAMP)"; expected "identifier"; SQL statement:
130 CREATE TABLE TEST_DATA (KEY VARCHAR(100), ID BIGINT, VALUE DOUBLE PRECISION, INFO TEXT, TS TIMESTAMP) [42001-204]
131 at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.managed.TestConnectionWithNarayana.setUp(TestConnectionWithNarayana.java:91)

Any thoughts?

Gary

Gary Gregory

Dec 23, 2021, 8:26:19 AM12/23/21
to H2 Database
To be more precise, we are calling Connection#prepareStatement(String) with:

"CREATE TABLE TEST_DATA (KEY VARCHAR(100), ID BIGINT, VALUE DOUBLE PRECISION, INFO TEXT, TS TIMESTAMP)"

Gary

Andrei Tokar

Dec 23, 2021, 11:52:39 AM12/23/21
to H2 Database
"KEY" (as well as "VALUE") is a keyword now, and if used as identifier has to be quoted.