Locking in Pagestore Engine Indices

Thamindu Jayawickrama

Feb 21, 2021, 11:35:37 AM2/21/21
to h2-da...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are exploring the H2 database implementation details regarding the
pagestore engine. We are interested to know the below details about the
pagestore indexing.

1. How does the pagestore Btree locking happens?

2. We observed that you are using a synchronized block in the
pagestore/db/PageStoreBtreeIndex.java
<https://github.com/h2database/h2database/blob/888e2284ffc5a76ebc1cf7346144e815b9c44813/h2/src/main/org/h2/pagestore/db/PageBtreeIndex.java#L350>
file. As mentioned in the docs, if you're using table-level locking, what is
the purpose of this block?

3. How does the locking happen for Hash and AVL Tree indices? (We observed
that none of the blocks were synchronized in those two codes)

Thank you

--
Sent from: http://h2-database.66688.n3.nabble.com/
Message has been deleted

Andrei Tokar

Feb 21, 2021, 2:56:32 PM2/21/21
to H2 Database
Please note, that PageStore is not in active development any more. H2 currently uses MVStore as it's default storage engine.