H2 2.0.202 Upgrade experience (keywords as colunm names, large varchar requires clob)

Christoffer Bruun

Dec 1, 2021, 3:19:52 AM12/1/21
to H2 Database
Thanks for the new release!

I needed two changes when upgrading

1: I had a few tables with a column called "value" and had to add ;NON_KEYWORDS=VALUE to my jdbc connect string.

2: In a table with a column of type "text" I have in in 1.4.200 been able to set the content in a preparedStatement using the setString() method.  In 2.0.2020 I had to use a Clob and setClob() if the string was large (11MB).

br
Christoffer Bruun

Marcello Rinaldo Martina

Jan 17, 2022, 7:45:02 AM1/17/22
to H2 Database
Hi, I'm pushing to update this page https://h2database.com/html/migration-to-v2.html that contains the changes and things to consider when updating to v2. Can you have a look on that? If you have new findings, can you contribute them? (https://github.com/h2database/h2database/blob/master/h2/src/docsrc/html/migration-to-v2.html) I think it would be really helpful for the community.

Best,
Marcello