H2 as an odb in LibreOffice Base

prrvchr

Apr 15, 2024, 9:19:01 AMApr 15
to H2 Database
Hi all,

I am working on an extension allowing access to H2 in LibreOffice in embedded mode.
This allows you to have your H2 database, these Base Queries and Forms in a single odb file.

In order to be able to manage the privileges I provide at the connection during the creation of the H2 Database a `user` property with the value: SA.

I end up with a user called SA but he is not part of the PUBLIC role and is not capable of assigning privileges.
If I give the PUBLIC role to SA then everything is back to normal...
Is this normal?

This new functionality in Base with H2 will give rise to a new extension: H2DatabaseOOo. Would it be possible to use your logo for this new extension?

Thank you for your answers.

prrvchr

Apr 18, 2024, 10:46:39 AMApr 18
to H2 Database
It's done, it's called H2dbOOo and there are two versions:
- 1.0.0 for LibreOffice up to 7.x
- 1.1.0 for LibreOffice 24.2.x or higher

You can create H2 databases only with the mouse (say goodbye to your keyboard...)

If you fill a table, you kill LibreOffice, you can verify that H2 is indeed ACID.

Good use.