ALTER VIEW PUBLIC."View1" AS SELECT ....

prrvchr

Jul 5, 2022, 5:36:04 AM7/5/22
to H2 Database
Hi all,

I come back to you for help.

Base offers the ability to change the command of a View with the com.sun.star.sdbcx.XAlterView interface.
With HsqlDB I just have to run the command:

`ALTER VIEW ViewName AS NewCommand`

What is the best alternative with H2?

Thanks.

Andreas Reichel

Jul 5, 2022, 5:38:52 AM7/5/22
to h2-da...@googlegroups.com
Greetings!

On Tue, 2022-07-05 at 02:36 -0700, prrvchr wrote:
What is the best alternative with H2?

H2 has a really excellent documentation: https://www.h2database.com/html/commands.html

Best regards
Andreas

Evgenij Ryazanov

Jul 5, 2022, 5:46:38 AM7/5/22
to H2 Database
Hello!

The SQL Standard doesn't have any commands for view modification, so the only portable way is to drop an old view and create a new one.

In H2 you can use CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW viewName AS …

prrvchr

Jul 5, 2022, 5:50:20 AM7/5/22
to H2 Database
Hi Andreas,

The UNO API also provides an interface com.sun.star.sdbcx.XRename to change the name of a view, but apparently this interface is not implemented in Base because it is never called.

But I don't want to rename the view but change its command, and I can't find a command in H2 to do so.
Please advise me the best alternative.

Andreas Reichel

Jul 5, 2022, 5:56:50 AM7/5/22
to h2-da...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I seem to have misread your e-mail.

Now it would be:

DROP VIEW .. IF EXISTS
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW .. IF NOT EXISTS

Best regards
Andreas

prrvchr

Jul 5, 2022, 5:58:45 AM7/5/22
to H2 Database
Hi Evgenij,

Thank you for answering me. I will use:

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW viewName AS ..

prrvchr

Jul 5, 2022, 7:09:03 AM7/5/22
to H2 Database

CREATE OR REPLACE works like a charm...

If there are people who are ready to test this first version, then I'm interested because it saves me a lot of time (because unfortunately I'm not paid ;-)

Here is the download link: jdbcDriverOOo and the documentation.

You must have Java version 11 minimum, and I recommend LibreOffice because the port to OpenOffice has not yet been done.

To have access to the extended mode of the driver you must validate the extended mode in: Tools -> Options -> Base drivers -> JDBC Driver and chose com.sun.star.sdbcx.Driver in Driver UNO Service. A restart of LibreOffice is needed.

This driver is not finished, it remains to manage the Indexes, the users and the rights on the tables...

Thank you for your help.