第9聚会 GZRUBY #9 - Wed Nov 21, 7:30PM

Adeh Desandies

Nov 14, 2012, 5:50:52 AM11/14/12
to gzr...@googlegroups.com
Hello ruby warriors! Time flies when you are having fun, doesn’t it? After our especially excellent social event in September, its time now to get back to code and have a great tech talk.

In the ruby world, quite a few things have come up recently, and more is around the corner. Ruby 1.9.3-p327 is out, Ruby 2.0 is feature frozen, and Rails 4.0 is coming soon! With all this going on in the ruby and Rails community, what have you been working on?

This time around, I have a proposal. Lets all post this to our university BBS, and see if we can encourage some young rubyists to atend our event. I'll bet at each college there are a few promising young programmers, teaching themselves ruby, who feel lonely and are looking for more ruby fans. Lets make an effort to reach out and let them know: there's a whole world of opportunity out here!

We're counting on **you** to bring something to share. Please respond with your 10 min presentation idea.

时间/When: 星期三-11月21号 19:00 / November 21, 7:00 PM

地点/Where: Kudelabs 明月一路59号, 汉苑 西塔601

59 Ming Yue Yi Lu, Han Yuan West Tower, Apt. 601

3 地铁/Metro: 五羊村A出口/Line 5 - Wu Yang Cun, Exit A

希望到时能见到你的身影!如果你有什么好的想法,发到邮件列表告诉我们吧!

We look forward to seeing you there! If you have any topic ideas or plans, let us know on the mailing list.

韩冰

Nov 15, 2012, 5:45:28 AM11/15/12
to gzr...@googlegroups.com
Got it!

2012/11/14 Adeh Desandies <adehde...@gmail.com>

--
No track in the heavens
                      but I have winged.

Buck Chen

Nov 15, 2012, 8:52:07 PM11/15/12
to gzr...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great

韩冰

Nov 18, 2012, 10:57:08 AM11/18/12
to gzr...@googlegroups.com
Is gzruby.org built using octopress or Jekll ? I think we can add the comment function to it so that someone who don't use mail list can leave comment or ask something.

2012/11/16 Buck Chen <cxb...@gmail.com>
Sounds great

Adeh Desandies

Nov 18, 2012, 8:57:11 PM11/18/12
to gzr...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Its built using Octopress and on gihub. Feel free to send me a pull request: https://github.com/gzruby/gzruby.github.com

Comments would be great.

-Adeh

韩冰

Nov 19, 2012, 12:29:49 AM11/19/12
to gzr...@googlegroups.com
Octopress use Disqus as its comments plugin. It can be done by simply uncomment some lines in the `_config.yml` file. I have forked it, but I think it's better to use your own Disqus account so that you can receive new comment once someone make a comment. So you can config it. You can refer me if you have any problems.

Ah.. My english is not good, so maybe there are some faults in my reply, please forgive me, thanks  :)

Adeh Desandies

Nov 19, 2012, 2:58:03 AM11/19/12
to gzr...@googlegroups.com
你的英文比我的中文很好。你不怕,写的英文真不错

Disqus added. It was quite easy, i should have done that earlier. Thanks for pushing!

Does anyone have a topic to propose for Wednesday?

See you :)

韩冰

Nov 19, 2012, 3:01:06 AM11/19/12
to gzr...@googlegroups.com
Good job!

JOJO

Nov 19, 2012, 3:04:16 AM11/19/12
to gzr...@googlegroups.com
what about  ruby2.0 and rails4.0 :)

Adeh Desandies

Nov 19, 2012, 3:12:32 AM11/19/12
to gzr...@googlegroups.com
好!jojo 给我们Rails4.0特点介绍

谁来讲ruby4.0?

JOJO

Nov 19, 2012, 3:31:20 AM11/19/12
to gzr...@googlegroups.com

hey i just got a little information of it, afraid of couldnt handle this topic well!