What is the status of this project

Naoki INADA

Mar 12, 2018, 3:45:18 AM3/12/18
to gyp-developer
It seems .travis.yml is added to the repository.
Is it moved to Github?

Recently, Homebrew tried to switch `python` command to Python 3 and many npm user are got in trouble.
I really hope node-gyp will be work with Python 3 in near future.  But patches for supporting Python 3 are
not reviewed for very long time.

Dirk Pranke

Mar 12, 2018, 8:29:13 PM3/12/18
to Naoki INADA, gyp-developer
GYP is very lightly maintained these days, insofar as we keep it working with Python2 and the current revisions of the toolchains on the respective platforms, but that's about it.

I would very much like to land the Python3 patches, but I haven't had time, and I won't this week, either. However, I'll try to get them landed next week.

-- Dirk

--

---

Refael Ackermann

Apr 17, 2018, 9:31:14 AM4/17/18
to gyp-developer
Hello Dirk,

Do you have a draft of the python3 work? I have some spare time, I could try to follow that up.

Dirk Pranke

Apr 24, 2018, 9:29:30 PM4/24/18
to Refael Ackermann, gyp-developer
Sorry for the delay ... there is a patch that someone posted for this. The main blocker is just me getting time to review it and land it, and there's probably not much you can do to help with that.

-- Dirk

Eir Nym

Oct 21, 2018, 4:31:22 AM10/21/18
to gyp-developer
May I gently ask what's the status of this patch you mentioned?

Dirk Pranke

Nov 5, 2018, 8:16:33 PM11/5/18
to Eir Nym, gyp-developer
Hi,

I am afraid that there have been no developments on this. It is still hovering at "almost the next thing on my list".

-- Dirk