Python 3 should work now

Dirk Pranke

Dec 10, 2018, 3:46:17 PM12/10/18
to gyp-developer
Hi all,

As you may have seen and already concluded from the CLs I've landed recently and the update to https://crbug.com/gyp/36, Python 3 should work fine now. If you see any issues, please file new bugs for them.

I apologize for the really extraordinary amount of delay we had in making this happen :(.

-- Dirk

Refael Ackermann

Dec 11, 2018, 10:24:53 AM12/11/18
to gyp-developer
Thanks for the great work Dirk!

Mark Callow

Apr 4, 2019, 3:03:36 PM4/4/19
to gyp-developer

On Monday, December 10, 2018 at 12:46:17 PM UTC-8, Dirk Pranke wrote:
Hi all,

As you may have seen and already concluded from the CLs I've landed recently and the update to https://crbug.com/gyp/36, Python 3 should work fine now. If you see any issues, please file new bugs for them.

Does gyp now work with Python 2 or Python 3? Or must one use Python 3 now.

Dirk Pranke

Apr 4, 2019, 5:00:06 PM4/4/19
to Mark Callow, gyp-developer
I believe it should still work with 2 or 3, though I haven't tested it in quite a while. If it was broken, I expect we'd accept patches to make it work under either version.

-- Dirk

--

---