Driver Usb Intel Asus Zenfone 5

Jenell Taitague

Jul 22, 2024, 9:30:05 PM (4 days ago) Jul 22
to gyp-developer

I purchased a new wifi 6e router ASUS AXE11000 and ax210 cards for PC's. My google pixel 6 phone can see and connect to the 6GHz network but my two ax210 PC's running 21H2 win10 19044.1348 with intel (latest 22.90.0) drivers only show 2.4 and 5GHz networks. I am only finding late 2020 early 2021 articles for 6GHz support should this be working currently?

Please attach the SSU report of each PC so we can verify further details about the components in the platforms, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

Driver usb intel asus zenfone 5

Download Zip https://psfmi.com/2zGqBk

When did you purchase the Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 cards?
They have been working fine otherwise, I just recently purchased the Wifi 6e router to try 6Ghz for the first time.
PC1 Ordered on August 15, 2021 OKN wifi 6E AX210 module
PC2 Ordered on September 1, 2021 NICGIGA WiFi 6E 5400Mbps AX210 Wireless PCIe Card

Based on the information shown in the SSU reports, we can confirm that the wireless driver version currently installed in the computers is 22.90.0.5, which is the latest wireless driver provided by Intel. The Intel wireless drivers are generic, meaning they might and might not work on your specific PCs.

We always recommend to install the wireless drivers provided by the manufacturer of the board, since those drivers were customized by them to work with your specific platform. I looked in AsRock's website and the latest wireless driver version for the X570 Extreme4 WiFi ax they have available is 22.70.2.1G, for testing purposes, we can try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

It is important to mention that when you install the wireless card on a laptop that is what is called "Wireless Integration", and the thing about that process is that there are a lot of components that come into play, like for example: board, m.2 ports, Wireless card, drivers, PCI adapters and antennas, all those parts need to be fully compatible for the proper functionality of the Wireless connection. There is also regulatory information about the "Wireless Integration" that you can verify in the following links:

Following your instructions worked for me. I had to repeatedly uninstall the WiFi adapter driver and restart, each time resetting it to a previous driver version all the way down to 22.0.1.5. At this point, attempting to uninstall it appeared to remove it, but it came back with the same version on a reinstall. I installed 22.45.1.1 that you attached, and now connecting to 6 GHz works. (I am running Windows 11)

One interesting thing i experienced was if I set the preferred band to 6Ghz in the adapter config it doesn't connect to 6Ghz but switch to 5ghz. Turning it back to "no preference" reconnected it to 6Ghz. Note my 5Ghz and 6Ghz share the same SSID and pw. I'm going to separate them to do some more playing...

But, on my Win10Pro Asus TUF A17 FA706IU laptop, running the same wifi card and most recent driver, I can only see 2.4G and 5G. After trying all above suggestions, sans XenulsWatching's solution, etc., I eventually rolled back driver to v. 2.45.1.1 and voila, 6G now appears and connects just fine.

I've created a dual boot for Win11 and the latest Intel driver has the same issue as on Win10 for this machine; namely, no 6G networks appear. I'm guessing that, though haven't yet tried, rolling back to v. 2.45.1.1 of the AX210 Intel driver will all me to connect to my 6G band.

"I contacted Microsoft and Asus prior to Intel and they have yet to respond. Thank you for your prompt responses. I was hoping maybe you already just knew if it works on Windows 10.", it is better to check directly with them since there are regulations and customizations done to the computer and only they will be able to confirm about the availability of 6GHz networks.

"is there a download available for that older Win10 driver?:" "On the Intel support page for ax210 the driver drop down only goes back to 22.70.0" It is not recommended to install 3rd party drivers since it might risk the proper functionality of the system. All the drivers that we have available for the Intel AX210 card are showing, as you mentioned, on our official website being version 22.70.0 the oldest one.

"Can you provide a direct link for 22.45.1.1 I could test?", I will check if the option to download that driver version is still available, as soon as I get any updates on this, I will post all the details on this thread.

After reviewing the case, it is important to mention that the support of the band 6GHz relies on Operating System support, and was expected to have the support in Windows* 11. The previous version of the article was based on the information provided by Microsoft and other sources of information. The only drivers available are the ones listed in our Download Center and the latest ones are compatible with Windows* 11 and 10, we do not have Microsoft drivers for insider previews.

The driver 22.45.1.1 is not provided by Intel and is not listed on our website or our previous driver's versions. In this case, we recommend to verify if the OEM may provide the driver to make it work.

The steps provided in the link provided previously are the ones currently available and the workaround there are the steps we can provide at the moment. Please get in contact with Microsoft support for further assistance on this matter:

I obtained a copy of 22.45.1.1 and can confirm 6Ghz works just fine with it. I see it is also signed by Microsoft. It would seem MS is holding back 6Ghz on Win10 to promote Win11. Not that it's unsupported, it's not allowed by the OS...

"I obtained a copy of 22.45.1.1 and can confirm 6Ghz works just fine with it. I see it is also signed by Microsoft. ", perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that you were able to get a copy of 22.45.1.1 and confirm 6Ghz works with no problem with it.

I'd like to point out that the theory of Microsoft purposefully holding back 6 GHz support on Windows 10 in order to promote Windows 11 doesn't make any sense, given that it doesn't work on Windows 11 either.

How is it that 2 years after the launch of these Wi-Fi cards their flagship feature is still defunct? Being tied to an old driver version is a workaround not a solution, and even with 22.45.1.1 on Windows 11 it still usually refuses to connect via 6 GHz regardless of preferred band setting, even with a direct line of sight to a 6 GHz access point a few meters away.

I have no issues with 6GHz on Win11 or Linux, just Win10. That old driver published by Microsoft makes it work in Win10. Intel is either unable or not allowed to include what ever that is in their driver I suspect. So Microsoft can make 6Ghz work on Win10 as demonstrated by their driver but choose not too.

Intel does not verify all solutions, including but not limited to any file transfers that may appear in this community. Accordingly, Intel disclaims all express and implied warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, as well as any warranty arising from course of performance, course of dealing, or usage in trade.

b37509886e