gxpc: no input files even if files exist

mantu...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2009, 7:30:35 PM2/8/09
to gxp-users
Hi,

tried plenty of permutations and combination and finally thought of
seeking help

I ran the following command

C:\>java -cp c:\work\gxp-lib\gxp-0.2.4-beta.jar
com.google.gxp.compiler.cli.Gxpc --source C:\work\gxp-src

and got the following output.

gxpc: no input files

I have the following directory structure within source directory "C:
\work\gxp-src"

com\google\tutorial

and have a simple HelloWorld.gxp file in com\google\tutorial

the contents of the HelloWorld.gxp are as follows:
<!-- HelloWorld.gxp -->
<gxp:template name='com.google.tutorial.HelloWorld' xmlns:gxp='http://
google.com/2001/gxp'

Hello, World!
</gxp:template>

Any inputs shall help.

mantu...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2009, 7:53:01 PM2/8/09
to gxp-users
I also tried with --output_language java

also --verbose

as additional options or flags I am still getting the message "gxpc:
no input files "

On Feb 8, 7:30 pm, "mantu.n...@gmail.com" <mantu.n...@gmail.com>

harryh

Feb 8, 2009, 8:27:51 PM2/8/09
to gxp-...@googlegroups.com
> C:\>java -cp c:\work\gxp-lib\gxp-0.2.4-beta.jar com.google.gxp.compiler.cli.Gxpc --source C:\work\gxp-src

You need to pass the actual gxp files on the command line, so something like:

java -cp c:\work\gxp-lib\gxp-0.2.4-beta.jar
com.google.gxp.compiler.cli.Gxpc --source C:\work\gxp-src

--output_language java c:\work\gxp-src\com\google\tutorial\*.gxp

-harryh

mantu...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2009, 10:54:15 PM2/8/09
to gxp-users
thanks that helps.

you should have a better document or a tutorial. It helps promote
things.

Laurence Gonsalves

Feb 8, 2009, 11:00:50 PM2/8/09
to gxp-...@googlegroups.com
We agree. We just haven't had the time to write all of the docs we'd like to.

Laurence Gonsalves

Mar 9, 2009, 2:04:57 AM3/9/09
to gxp-users
There's now a wiki page about the command line for the GXP compiler:

http://code.google.com/p/gxp/wiki/GxpAndCommandLine

On Feb 8, 8:54 pm, "mantu.n...@gmail.com" <mantu.n...@gmail.com>