Internationalization messages

Christian

Nov 17, 2009, 4:34:56 AM11/17/09
to gxp-users
Hi,

Would you be willing to take some modifications to enable optional
i18n messages ids ?

I have been reading the previous post about why you use generated ids
which is interesting
On the other hand I'm sure that would be a no go for some people,
while making those optionals (defaulting to generation when the id is
absent) could be completely transparent for the actual behavior ?

Any thoughts ?

Christian

omax

Nov 17, 2009, 12:22:37 PM11/17/09
to gxp-users
What does "optional ids" mean?

Does this have something to do with:
http://groups.google.com/group/gxp-users/browse_thread/thread/4ba187d8d7cb77fa

Christian

Nov 17, 2009, 12:43:03 PM11/17/09
to gxp-users
By message id I mean having the possibility to declare in the GXP the
key of your message in the property file,
and by optional I mean that if that attribute were not there then the
compiler would generate one. (making it transparent for users of the
generated ids).

So yes, this is related to the post you're referring to. (maybe I
shouldn't have started a new thread)

The thing is I could agree with Laurence that generated ids are great
to work with, but they seem to be at google part of a much bigger i18n
framework that other users don't have...