New Short - Lara Pressed

Gwyllion

May 31, 2018, 2:37:48 AM5/31/18
to gwyl...@googlegroups.com
Please forgive the similarity between this short and my previous Lara Croft story. This is actually closer to what I intended the other one to be, both visually and for plot (such as it is). That’s what happens when real life gets a bit too intense and your free time gets blown into a thousand five-minute pieces. My editing process for even these few pages was insane. I don’t think there’s a single paragraph in the whole short that didn’t get rewritten partially at least twice, and on multiple kinds of devices (yes, I sometimes write on my tablet). Ah well. It was fun, and that’s all that really matters. I had a good time with the tentacles in the art. I was trying to get them to feel more ‘beefy’. I’m mildly satisfied with the result. I’ve been trying to get my creatures to be less ‘organic’. Don’t get me wrong, I like organic (sexy-yum!), but an organic creature is a little like those mangas where the tentacles come in from nowhere and look like garden hoses. It’s got no plot, man... Anyway, enjoy.

robert blau

May 31, 2018, 6:19:25 PM5/31/18
to 'Gwyllion' via Gwyllion
REALLY good one IMO, both the story AND the art(s). And the previous one was nice too. Kudos and best wishes!

On Thursday, May 31, 2018, 1:37:48 AM CDT, 'Gwyllion' via Gwyllion <gwyl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

[...]

Marjorie Greene

Jun 1, 2018, 2:10:12 PM6/1/18
to gwyl...@googlegroups.com
Odd question... when the images for this story come up, how "big" are they on your screen (anyone)? I work at 300 dpi in Photoshop, and I noticed that they appeared on tentaclerape.net quite small. They *should* have exported at 72 dpi, so I'm not sure where the images there came from or why they were so small, but just because they appear 72 dpi on my screen doesn't mean they are elsewhere.

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 3:19 PM, 'robert blau' via Gwyllion <gwyl...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
[...]

sporgasbored

Jun 1, 2018, 2:11:39 PM6/1/18
to Gwyllion
Your line art is getting better, and your prose is getting more direct and forceful than in the past. I am enjoying both.

Thank you for continuing to provide such wonderful content all these years. I have enjoyed watching the evolution of MBG Style.

sporgasbored

Jun 1, 2018, 2:12:29 PM6/1/18
to Gwyllion
"Your line art is getting better" by which I mean it was already excellent, and just continues to improve past that point.

sporgasbored

alphapside...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2018, 9:08:19 PM6/6/18
to Gwyllion
Will you be doing a sequel to Lara Pressed, by any chance? Maybe a story involving mechanical tentacles?

Marjorie Greene

Jun 7, 2018, 3:35:11 AM6/7/18
to gwyl...@googlegroups.com
Probably not, sorry. Lara is good for a 'quickie,' but not so great for deeper plot. Come to think of it, I don't think I have *ever* done a piece with mechanical tentacles. Too much of a bio-girl I guess.

Lindsay Mathieson

Jun 7, 2018, 5:52:48 AM6/7/18
to gwyl...@googlegroups.com
On 7/06/2018 5:35 PM, Marjorie Greene wrote:
> I don't think I have *ever* done a piece with mechanical tentacles.
> Too much of a bio-girl I guess.

All natural home grown organic for me :) None of these processed
artificial tentacles.

--
Lindsay

robert blau