servlet.gupld Not Found

KGreene

Sep 16, 2010, 12:09:37 PM9/16/10
to gwtupload
I basically copied the "Getting Started" scripts (except I put the
upload box in a DialogBox). When I tested it on my local machine it
worked fine (well would have worked fine if I would have changed
permissions to allow upload on my local machine in the tmp dir).

I uploaded it to my server (Linux Ubuntu) and now it doesn't work.
When I select a file for upload it gives an error.

"Unable to contact with the server: servlet.gupld

Invalid server response. Have you configured correctly your
application in the server side?
Action: servlet.gupld
Exception: Failed to parse: error on line 1 at column 47: Space
required after the Public Identifier
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
server.</p>
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle
the request.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.2.12 (Ubuntu) Server at hdcnet.com Port 80</address>

Are there any server side configurations that need to be done to
correct this?

Manuel Carrasco Moñino

Sep 16, 2010, 1:07:04 PM9/16/10
to gwtu...@googlegroups.com
you have to add your servlet to your web.xml, take a look to getting
started page

-Manolo

> --
> --
> http://groups.google.com/group/gwtupload

KGreene

Sep 17, 2010, 11:29:29 AM9/17/10
to gwtupload
I apologize. I have done more research and it appears that you need
Tomcat installed in addition to many other items. Currently I just
have Apache2 installed. I will revisit this option for upload in the
future as it will require a rebuild of my system.

Manuel Carrasco Moñino

Sep 19, 2010, 6:23:45 AM9/19/10
to gwtu...@googlegroups.com
you can use gwtupload with non java backends, there is a cgi script in
perl which you could use with apache servers.

-Manolo

> --
> --
> http://groups.google.com/group/gwtupload

Jo Ash

Oct 15, 2015, 10:06:34 AM10/15/15
to gwtupload

Hi Manolo,

I have downloaded the gwtUpload library, and added the corresponding entries in my pom.xml. I am trying to use the drag and drop version of the uploader.

I am running into an error saying "Unable to auto submit the form, it seems your browser has security issues with this feature"

I am unsure what is causing this. Can you pls help?