Maven build problem with v1.0.3 (GAE dependency)

Bryan Basham

Mar 18, 2015, 6:04:17 PM3/18/15
to gwtu...@googlegroups.com
Hello Manuel,

I’m trying to upload a file in my GWT application and a google search found your GwtUpload library.  It looks like a great solution to my requirement and I’m eager to use it.

To test it out I downloaded the GettingStarted example.  It built fine but was using a very old version of GwtUpload (0.6.4) so I updated that to 1.0.3.  But when I build this I get the following error:

[INFO]       [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/Users/bryan/.m2/repository/com/googlecode/gwtupload/gwtupload/1.0.3/gwtupload-1.0.3.jar!/gwtupload/client/IUploadStatus.java'
[INFO]          [ERROR] Line 25: The import com.google.appengine cannot be resolved

Sure enough there is an import of a GAE class on line 25:

import com.google.appengine.api.datastore.Link;

I would rather not include GAE in my own project’s Maven dependencies.  It doesn’t look like this Link class is being used in IUploadStatus   Can you remove it and release a patched version?

If not what do you recommend that I do to get around this problem?

Thanks,
Bryan