using drag & drop in gwt upload component

uploader

Apr 25, 2012, 9:01:50 AM4/25/12
to gwtu...@googlegroups.com
When will be implementing the file dragging capability in gwtupload component ?
It will be a very useful feature...

Thanks

Manuel Carrasco Moñino

May 23, 2012, 10:37:08 AM5/23/12
to gwtu...@googlegroups.com
A collaborator of gwtupload is working in html5, when this was
released we will add DnD

- Manolo
> --
> --
> http://groups.google.com/group/gwtupload

Weihua

Oct 1, 2012, 9:07:39 AM10/1/12
to gwtu...@googlegroups.com
any progress so far in supporting DnD? thanks.

Jesus Alvarez

Oct 17, 2012, 6:53:52 AM10/17/12
to gwtu...@googlegroups.com
Hola Manolo,

Any news on drag and drop?
I am using in my GWT 2.4 project, gwt-dnd.

If you do not have something to be realeased soon (weeks), I will do my own and pass it to you if you like.

Regards!

Manuel Carrasco Moñino

Oct 17, 2012, 1:31:31 PM10/17/12
to gwtu...@googlegroups.com
Hola Jesús,

No news from that collaborator although I have pinged him a couple of times.

I'm glad to know that you want to face this task and send a working code, let me know if you need any help.

Cheers
- Manolo

Vishal YuDo Shanbhag

Sep 29, 2015, 10:44:55 AM9/29/15
to gwtupload
Hi Manolo

I am working on a project for a client. In that project I have GWT code running in my app which uses the standard GWT FileUpload to provide multiple file upload. Additionally I have separately implemented a progress bar, display list of uploaded files. All of that works fine.
Now I have been requested to implement a "drag and drop" feature for Upload.
So I am looking for a way to trigger an uploader on the drop event on a Label and then have the uploader silently run the whole upload in background. That way I avoid removing / modifying my existing widgets.

I wanted to ask a few questions in that relation
  1. Does this library have a way to extract a FileList from the drop event and then run the upload in a queuer manner in background
  2. The Drag / Drop looks like an old feature request. Have you got around to implementing this ?
  3.  Does this library work on latest IE (IE 11, Microsoft Edge) browsers.

Appreciate response.