Down-arrow image doesn't display

Rogelio Flores

Jul 19, 2016, 7:47:45 PM7/19/16
to gwtquery
I'm using gwtchosen 3.1-SNAPSHOT with GWT 2.7.

Recently we had to run a view of our application inside an angularJS application, and only in that scenario, I notice that the down-arrow icon for the ChosenListBox  (and also a ChosenValueListBox) is not displayed. See attachment.

What could cause this?
The one obvious difference is the way the app is loaded. In the case of running embedded in angular app, the app is loaded inside an angular template html file that gets loaded in an angular ui bootstrap modal (see https://angular-ui.github.io/bootstrap/). If loading the page the usual way (a host html page) when running independently and not embedded inside another app, the Chosen ListBoxes display fine. The exact same GWT code is running on both.

Does anyone know what I could do to ensure that this image resource is loaded in this peculiar case?
chosen-arrow-not-showing.png

Rogelio Flores

Jul 20, 2016, 4:24:36 PM7/20/16
to gwtquery
Ok, I actually found what the problem was. The angular app sets a CSS rule to use some icons defined as fonts, so it sets a rule like this:

[class^="icon_"], [class*=" icon_"] {
            font
-family: 'our-icons' !important;
}

so I just overwrite it in a container element with what Chosen wants ("icons" font family):

[class^="icon_"], [class*=" icon_"] {
            font
-family: 'icons' !important;
}