Maven + droppable-plugin-1.0.6 + GWT 2.3 results in error: The type BrowserCellList is not visible

Peter Knego

Aug 4, 2011, 5:12:52 AM8/4/11
to gwtquery
Hi,

I'm using IntelliJ IDEA + maven + droppable-plugin-1.0.6 + GWT 2.3 and
I'm getting error: "The type BrowserCellList is not visible"

Tried GWT 2.2 and droppable-plugin-1.0.4, but all is the same.

I know this has been discussed before and resolved by order of
libraries in IDE or Ant.

Anyone know how to get rid of this error in this setup?

Thanks,

Peter

Jeff Larsen

Aug 4, 2011, 10:55:40 AM8/4/11
to gwtq...@googlegroups.com
You usually need to have the gwtquery jars on your classpath before the gwt jars as the gwtquery jars usually copy/paste some code and make the classes public instead of package protected.

Peter Knego

Aug 5, 2011, 7:01:01 AM8/5/11
to gwtquery
The full error is:

ERROR: Errors in 'jar:file:/Users/peter/.m2/repository/com/googlecode/
gwtquery/plugins/droppable-plugin/1.0.6/droppable-plugin-1.0.6.jar!/
gwtquery/plugins/droppable/client/gwt/DragAndDropCellBrowser.java'.
ERROR: Line 66: The type BrowserCellList is not visible.
ERROR: Line 172: The type CellBrowser.BrowserCellList<T> is not
visible.
ERROR: Line 181: The type CellBrowser.BrowserCellList<T> is not
visible.
ERROR: Line 198: The type CellBrowser.BrowserCellList<T> is not
visible.
ERROR: Line 220: The method getDefaultResources() from the type
CellBrowser is not visible.
ERROR: Line 328: The type BrowserCellList is not visible.
ERROR: Line 328: The method
createDisplay(TreeViewModel.NodeInfo<C>, int) of type
DragAndDropCellBrowser must override or implement a supertype method.
ERROR: Line 335: The method getKeyboardSelectionPolicyForLists()
from the type CellBrowser is not visible.
ERROR: Errors in 'jar:file:/Users/peter/.m2/repository/com/
googlecode/gwtquery/plugins/droppable-plugin/1.0.6/droppable-
plugin-1.0.6.jar!/gwtquery/plugins/droppable/client/gwt/
DragAndDropCellTree.java'.
ERROR: Errors in 'jar:file:/Users/peter/.m2/repository/com/
googlecode/gwtquery/plugins/droppable-plugin/1.0.6/droppable-
plugin-1.0.6.jar!/gwtquery/plugins/droppable/client/gwt/
DragAndDropCellTreeNodeView.java'.
ERROR: Line 24: The type
com.google.gwt.user.cellview.client.CellTreeNodeView is not visible.
ERROR: Line 86: CellTreeNodeView cannot be resolved to a type.
ERROR: Line 87: The constructor
DragAndDropCellTreeNodeView<T>(DragAndDropCellTree, CellTreeNodeView<?
>, TreeViewModel.NodeInfo<T>, Element, T) refers to the missing type
CellTreeNodeView.
ERROR: Line 24: The type
com.google.gwt.user.cellview.client.CellTreeNodeView is not visible.
ERROR: Line 35: CellTreeNodeView cannot be resolved to a type.
ERROR: Line 46: NodeCellList cannot be resolved to a type.
ERROR: Line 51: NodeCellList cannot be resolved to a type.
ERROR: Line 62: The method replaceAllChildren(List<C>, SafeHtml,
boolean) of type
DragAndDropCellTreeNodeView<T>.DragAndDropNodeCellList<C>.View must
override or implement a supertype method.
ERROR: Line 67: The method replaceAllChildren(List<C>, SafeHtml,
boolean) is undefined for the type Object.
ERROR: Line 74: The method replaceChildren(List<C>, int, SafeHtml,
boolean) of type
DragAndDropCellTreeNodeView<T>.DragAndDropNodeCellList<C>.View must
override or implement a supertype method.
ERROR: Line 83: The method replaceChildren(List<C>, int, SafeHtml,
boolean) is undefined for the type Object.
ERROR: Line 98: The method getNodeInfo() is undefined for the type
DragAndDropCellTreeNodeView.DragAndDropNodeCellList<C>.View.
ERROR: Line 101: The method getNodeInfo() is undefined for the
type DragAndDropCellTreeNodeView.DragAndDropNodeCellList<C>.View.
ERROR: Line 109: The method getNodeView() is undefined for the
type DragAndDropCellTreeNodeView.DragAndDropNodeCellList<C>.View.
ERROR: Line 138: CellTreeNodeView cannot be resolved to a type.
ERROR: Line 147: NodeCellList<C> cannot be resolved to a type.
ERROR: Line 152: NodeCellList cannot be resolved to a type.
ERROR: Line 154: The method getNodeView() is undefined for the
type DragAndDropCellTreeNodeView.DragAndDropNodeCellList<C>.
ERROR: Line 178: CellTreeNodeView cannot be resolved to a type.
ERROR: Line 184: CellTreeNodeView cannot be resolved to a type.
ERROR: Line 186: The constructor
DragAndDropCellTreeNodeView<C>(DragAndDropCellTree, CellTreeNodeView<?
>, TreeViewModel.NodeInfo<C>, Element, C) refers to the missing type
CellTreeNodeView.
ERROR: Line 195: NodeCellList cannot be resolved to a type.
ERROR: Line 195: The method
createNodeCellList(TreeViewModel.NodeInfo<C>) of type
DragAndDropCellTreeNodeView<T> must override or implement a supertype
method.
ERROR: Line 197: The constructor
DragAndDropCellTreeNodeView.DragAndDropNodeCellList<C>(TreeViewModel.NodeInfo<C>,
CellTreeNodeView<?>, int) refers to the missing type
CellTreeNodeView.

Jeff Larsen

Aug 5, 2011, 7:44:01 AM8/5/11
to gwtq...@googlegroups.com
This usually means your GWT items are higher up on the classpath than the gwtquery + plugins.

gwtquery droppable copy/pastes some package protected classes and exposes them so you need to have those classes higher up on the classpath so they are read first.

With maven this should mean putting gwtquery stuff before your gwt stuff.

Manuel Carrasco Moñino

Aug 6, 2011, 2:03:56 AM8/6/11
to gwtq...@googlegroups.com
Yeah is a matter of libraries order, reorder dependencies in your
maven file if you are using it, or in your ide

confile

Jun 20, 2014, 5:11:28 PM6/20/14
to gwtq...@googlegroups.com
Ho do I solve this issue when I use eclipse and do not use maven?

Manuel Carrasco Moñino

Jun 21, 2014, 12:27:50 PM6/21/14
to gwtq...@googlegroups.com
Go to -> project -> class path -> sort and put gwtquery-dnd at top