Basic help about GWT & web.xml

Yves

Feb 18, 2010, 10:07:34 AM2/18/10
to Google Web Toolkit Applications
Hello,

I'm using GWT 1.6.4 ans I try to use the "debug mode", with the
embedded web browser in Eclipse.

I start my app but unfortunately, I get errors because GWT can't find
my servlets.

I described those servlets in my web.xml file. I've got this:

- war
- WEB-INF
- web.xml

I think GWT isn't using my web.xml file.

How could I check that, or, better, where do I specifiy WHICH web.xml
I want to use?

Thanks.

Regards.

Yves.

Mohit Sethi

Feb 21, 2010, 11:36:54 PM2/21/10
to Google Web Toolkit Applications
Yves,

Please provide details such your project structure, web.xml and errors
you're getting.

Additionally, have you tried the Getting started with GWT tutorial at
[1].

Mohit

[1] http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/gettingstarted.html

Yves DUCHESNE

Feb 22, 2010, 2:43:51 AM2/22/10
to gwt...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your answer.

I found a workaround for my problem. I use tomcat to run my servlet and I started GWT Hosted Mode with -noserver switch.

Works fine now.

If someone has problems to start servlets in hosted mode, please consider using an external instance of tomcat to solve your problem. It can be a good way to solve your problems.

Yves.