tomcat and apache problem int Instant Messenger

Fran

Feb 16, 2010, 2:12:59 PM2/16/10
to Google Web Toolkit Applications
Hello,

I need your help about GWT Instant Messenger integration in apache and
tomcat.

I have the Instant Messenger server side listening in 8081 port at
tomcat.
I need that the client side be in apache that is listening in port 80,
so I need call server side at port 8081 of tomcat.
How can I do?

I am testing to do this with Proxypass. This is the config of apache:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName california.####.com
ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
DocumentRoot /var/www/####
ProxyRequests On
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>
ProxyPass /app/com.app http://california.####.com:8081/app/com.app
ProxyPassReverse /app/com.app http://california.####.com:8081/app/com.app

DirectoryIndex index.php
AccessFileName .htaccess
</VirtualHost>

With this configuration, the aplication executed from apache works but
the comunication between the users has some messages lost so the
aplications dont work as a messenger.
The error log shows:

[error] [client ########] proxy: error reading status line from remote
server california.####.com, referer:
http://california.####.com/app/com.app/2179BCD97ED1043BAEE2BAA974B2E73A.cache.html
[error] [client ########] ] proxy: Error reading from remote server
returned by /app/com.app/messenger, referer:
http://california.####.com/app/com.app/2179BCD97ED1043BAEE2BAA974B2E73A.cache.html

I read in some forum that is needed the lines in Location directive of
apache:

SetEnv force-proxy-request-1.0 1
SetEnv proxy-nokeepalive 1

If I put this, the aplications is beeing more and more slowly.

If I run the aplication in tomcat, its works very fine.

Help me please
Thanks

Fran

Feb 23, 2010, 1:28:37 PM2/23/10
to Google Web Toolkit Applications
I think that the big problem is that in Comet HTTP streaming, I found
mod_proxy blocked the response
until server close the stream (after timeout), then send the whole
response to client at
once.

I used mod_rewrite too and mod_jk but Instant Messenger dont work,

can anyone help me? Thanks