Gwttk with gwt1.4

Neeraj Upreti

Nov 27, 2007, 3:12:44 AM11/27/07
to GWT Tk
Hi all,

I am trying to run gwttk-0.2.3 with gwt1.4. I am getting the following
exception from the class ExposedCellPanel.

[ERROR] Unable to load module entry point class
asquare.gwt.tkdemo.client.Demo (see associated exception for details)
java.lang.NullPointerException: container may not be null
at
com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.ComplexPanel.insert(ComplexPanel.java:
157)
at
asquare.gwt.tk.client.ui.ExposedCellPanel.insertWidgetAt(ExposedCellPanel.java:
344)
at
asquare.gwt.tk.client.ui.ExposedCellPanel.addWidgetTo(ExposedCellPanel.java:
277)
at
asquare.gwt.tk.client.ui.ExposedCellPanel.addWidget(ExposedCellPanel.java:
259)
at
asquare.gwt.tk.client.ui.ExposedCellPanel.add(ExposedCellPanel.java:
235)
at asquare.gwt.tkdemo.client.Demo.onModuleLoad(Demo.java:77)
at
39)
at
25)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:342)

Well the ComplexPanel class has now changed in gwt1.4 and the
deprecated method "insert" now checks if the container is null or not
-

protected void insert(Widget child, Element container, int
beforeIndex) {
if (container == null) {
throw new NullPointerException("container may not be null");
}
insert(child, container, beforeIndex, false);
}

so the code at
asquare.gwt.tk.client.ui.ExposedCellPanel.insertWidgetAt(ExposedCellPanel.java:
344) does not work which passes null as an argument:

insert(w, null, getChildren().size());

Can anyone help me in this regard how to cope up with this null
pointer exception ... Any changes in ExposedCellPanel class which
would solve this ...

thanks in advance,
Neeraj

kilkenny

Nov 27, 2007, 4:21:44 AM11/27/07
to GWT Tk
Hi

TK-0.2.3 in not GWT-1.4 ready. Try Mat Gessel's TK-0.2.4 nightly build
version:

http://groups.google.com/group/gwt-tk/files

Regards, Adrian

---