gwt-tk 0.2.4 nightly build

Mat Gessel

Oct 24, 2007, 12:56:44 PM10/24/07
to GWT Tk Group
I am more or less done migrating the codebase to GWT 1.4. Everything seems to work, however I do not want to release until I finish acceptance testing in production application. I have posted a snapshot of the gwt-tk jar on the forums. This is off my dev machine--the changes are not yet checked into SVN.

http://groups.google.com/group/gwt-tk/files

Right-click on gwttk-SNAPSHOT.jar and select "Save Link As"

-= Mat

--
Mat Gessel
http://www.asquare.net/gwttk/

Jo Pelkey (Work)

Oct 25, 2007, 11:57:01 AM10/25/07
to GWT Tk
i just downloaded and tried your gwttk-SNAPSHOT.jar without much
success.
I am running on fedora core 6 and firefox.

When I run in hosted mode and I try to popup an AlertDialog using code
like this:
final Button button = new Button();
button.setText("Default Info dialog");
button.addClickListener(new ClickListener() {
public void onClick(final Widget aSender) {
final AlertDialog alert =
AlertDialog.createInfo(new DummyCommand(),
"Info Dialog",
"this is a default info dialog");
alert.show();
}
});

I get this error:
[ERROR] Uncaught exception escaped
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null
at
asquare.gwt.tk.client.ui.behavior.FocusModel.setFocusWidget(FocusModel.java:
272)
at asquare.gwt.tk.client.ui.AlertDialog.addButton(AlertDialog.java:
465)
at asquare.gwt.tk.client.ui.AlertDialog.addButton(AlertDialog.java:
423)
at asquare.gwt.tk.client.ui.AlertDialog.createInfo(AlertDialog.java:
141)
at com.cassatt.skynet.ui.client.basewidgets.BaseWidgets
$1.onClick(BaseWidgets.java:93)
at
com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.ClickListenerCollection.fireClick(ClickListenerCollection.java:
36)
at
com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.FocusWidget.onBrowserEvent(FocusWidget.java:
98)
at com.google.gwt.user.client.DOM.dispatchEventImpl(DOM.java:1265)
at com.google.gwt.user.client.DOM.dispatchEventAndCatch(DOM.java:
1244)
at com.google.gwt.user.client.DOM.dispatchEvent(DOM.java:1211)
at
25)

If I try instead to avoid hosted mode - I get GWT compile errors:
js-compile-client:
[java] Analyzing source in module
'com.cassatt.skynet.ui.SkynetUI'
[java] [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/opt/local/src/gwt_proto/
skynet_ui/bt/thirdparty/gwttk-SNAPSHOT.jar!/asquare/gwt/tk/client/ui/
behavior/DragFloatingObjectGesture.java'
[java] [ERROR] Line 23: The type DragFloatingObjectGesture
must implement the inherited abstract method DragGesture.finish(int,
int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 23: The type DragFloatingObjectGesture
must implement the inherited abstract method DragGesture.start(int,
int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 23: The type DragFloatingObjectGesture
must implement the inherited abstract method DragGesture.step(int,
int)
[java] [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/opt/local/src/gwt_proto/
skynet_ui/bt/thirdparty/gwttk-SNAPSHOT.jar!/asquare/gwt/tk/client/ui/
behavior/DragGestureWrapper.java'
[java] [ERROR] Line 23: The type DragGestureWrapper must
implement the inherited abstract method DragGesture.finish(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 23: The type DragGestureWrapper must
implement the inherited abstract method DragGesture.start(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 23: The type DragGestureWrapper must
implement the inherited abstract method DragGesture.step(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 39: The method start(int, int) in the
type DragGesture is not applicable for the arguments (MouseEvent)
[java] [ERROR] Line 44: The method step(int, int) in the
type DragGesture is not applicable for the arguments (DragEvent)
[java] [ERROR] Line 49: The method finish(int, int) in the
type DragGesture is not applicable for the arguments ()
[java] [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/opt/local/src/gwt_proto/
skynet_ui/bt/thirdparty/gwttk-SNAPSHOT.jar!/asquare/gwt/tk/client/ui/
behavior/MouseDragHandler.java'
[java] [ERROR] Line 74: The method start(int, int) in the
type DragGesture is not applicable for the arguments (MouseEvent)
[java] [ERROR] Line 83: The method step(int, int) in the
type DragGesture is not applicable for the arguments (DragEvent)
[java] [ERROR] Line 95: The method finish(int, int) in the
type DragGesture is not applicable for the arguments ()
[java] [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:/opt/local/src/gwt_proto/
skynet_ui/bt/thirdparty/gwttk-SNAPSHOT.jar!/asquare/gwt/tk/client/ui/
behavior/ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.java'
[java] [ERROR] Line 28: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.NW must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.step(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 28: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.NW must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.start(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 28: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.NW must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.finish(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 44: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.N must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.step(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 44: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.N must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.start(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 44: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.N must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.finish(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 58: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.NE must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.step(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 58: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.NE must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.start(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 58: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.NE must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.finish(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 73: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.W must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.step(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 73: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.W must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.start(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 73: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.W must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.finish(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 87: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.E must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.step(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 87: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.E must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.start(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 87: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.E must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.finish(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 100: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.SW must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.step(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 100: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.SW must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.start(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 100: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.SW must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.finish(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 115: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.S must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.step(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 115: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.S must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.start(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 115: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.S must implement the inherited abstract
method DragGesture.finish(int, int)
[java] [ERROR] Line 128: The type
ResizeFloatingObjectGesture.SE must implement the inherited abstract

On Oct 24, 10:56 am, "Mat Gessel" <mat.ges...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am more or less done migrating the codebase to GWT 1.4. Everything seems
> to work, however I do not want to release until I finish acceptance testing
> in production application. I have posted a snapshot of the gwt-tk jar on the
> forums. This is off my dev machine--the changes are not yet checked into
> SVN.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/gwt-tk/files
>

> Right-click on gwttk-SNAPSHOT.jar<http://gwt-tk.googlegroups.com/web/gwttk-SNAPSHOT.jar?gda=pCgBv0MAAAC...>and

Mat Gessel

Oct 25, 2007, 12:24:03 PM10/25/07
to gwt...@googlegroups.com
I'll look into the FocusModel exception.

The hosted mode compile errors imply that an older version of
DragGesture is in the class path. The new version has different method
signatures. So double-check your class path for the previous jar,
delete the .gwt-cache from your working directory and retry.

-= Mat

Jo Pelkey (Work)

Oct 25, 2007, 3:14:53 PM10/25/07
to GWT Tk
Yes - you are right; I still had the old jar in the classpath, so the
compiling for web mode works fine now. Sorry for the confusion on
that front.

I do still see the exception and don't get the alert in hosted mode
though...

Thanks,
jo

On Oct 25, 10:24 am, "Mat Gessel" <mat.ges...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll look into the FocusModel exception.
>
> The hosted mode compile errors imply that an older version of
> DragGesture is in the class path. The new version has different method
> signatures. So double-check your class path for the previous jar,
> delete the .gwt-cache from your working directory and retry.
>
> -= Mat
>
> --

> Mat Gesselhttp://www.asquare.net/gwttk/

Mat Gessel

Oct 25, 2007, 4:46:35 PM10/25/07
to gwt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jo,

I cannot reproduce problem. The code you posted works fine for me.

What browser and OS does this happen on?

Are you getting the exception with the exact code you posted above?

--
Mat Gessel

Jo Pelkey

Oct 29, 2007, 3:16:48 PM10/29/07
to gwt...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to take a few days to get back to you... got other projects that
took precedence...

I am on fedora core 6 and am using firefox. So - hosted mode should be
using whatever the mozilla version is from the gwt distro.
In that instance I get the uncaught exception on FocusModel (with the
exact code I posted earlier).

When I run in web mode (which works just fine), I am using firefox
2.0.0.5

Sorry I don't have more to go on. If you think of any other info I can
get you, let me know. I'm hoping you can figure this out since I'd love
to plug the AlertDialog into our app, but am holding off due to this
issue.

Thanks,
jo

Mat Gessel

Nov 5, 2007, 7:44:39 PM11/5/07
to gwt...@googlegroups.com
It appears that focus is partially broken in the Linux hosted browser.
You can click on buttons and get the focus rectangle, but you cannot
tab to buttons and 'element.tabIndex' always evaluates to -1. This
applies to any page you surf to in the hosted browser.

The default FocusModel is configured to not add items which have a
negative tab index. I changed AlertDialog to check that the button is
actually added before setting it to be the focused widget.

I have replaced the jar in the group files directory with the latest
copy. It also contains a fix for the unnecessary scrollbars that were
showing up in Firefox[mac].

-= Mat

Jo Pelkey (Work)

Nov 7, 2007, 1:52:22 PM11/7/07
to GWT Tk
I just tried your latest snapshot from the group files directory and
it works now in web and hosted mode.

Thanks!
Jo

step...@yahoo.fr

Dec 5, 2007, 4:03:10 AM12/5/07
to GWT Tk
hello !

gwt-tk 0.2.4 is it available now ?

So, could you explain me the differences between GWT dialogbox and
your modaldialog ?

thanks a lot, it is a good job !

franck

Mat Gessel

Dec 5, 2007, 3:06:33 PM12/5/07
to gwt...@googlegroups.com
On Dec 5, 2007 1:03 AM, step...@yahoo.fr <step...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> gwt-tk 0.2.4 is it available now ?

No, it has not been officially released yet.

> So, could you explain me the differences between GWT dialogbox and
> your modaldialog ?

They both perform the same basic function. ModalDialog has more
features including:
* an optional caption
* support for widgets in the caption
* a background "GlassPanel" which blocks user interaction with the
page (also stylable for the "light box" effect).
* more robust centering logic
* minimum size specification for content area (optional, default
is 200 x 75px)
* focus containment & management
* option to restore focus to triggering widget when dialog is hidden

> thanks a lot, it is a good job !

Thanks!

step...@yahoo.fr

Dec 6, 2007, 4:26:57 AM12/6/07
to GWT Tk
Hello

Could you tell me more about these topics ?
-focus containment & management
-option to restore focus to triggering widget when dialog is hidden
-minimum size specification for content area (optional, default> is
200 x 75px)

So, you say that modaldialog blocks user interaction with the page;
GWT dialogbox isn't working like this ?!

Thanks

Franck