ModalDialog incompatible with GWT 1.4.60

svetlin.nakov

Sep 10, 2007, 2:58:38 AM9/10/07
to GWT Tk
The class asquare.gwt.tk.client.ui.ModalDialog is incompatible with
GWT 1.4.60. It throws runtime exceptions. Does anybody have a fix for
this?

Svetlin Nakov
Author of the GWT Advanced Table project: http://code.google.com/p/gwt-advanced-table/

Michael

Sep 10, 2007, 12:14:13 PM9/10/07
to GWT Tk
I'm seeing this as well. If anyone has a solution, that'd be great.

jrocaescribano

Sep 10, 2007, 4:33:07 PM9/10/07
to GWT Tk
I do have the same problem.
I need to upgrade my application to gwt 1.4 but have to wait until
this bug is fixed.
Help would be appreciated.

Andre Freller

Sep 10, 2007, 5:29:18 PM9/10/07
to gwt...@googlegroups.com

In my case the problem is in the use of the class FocusModule.
When I try to add a button it  fails to show the ModalDialog
but if I comment the "myFocusModel.add(myOkButton)" line
it works!

Regards,
Freller

Freller

Sep 19, 2007, 10:11:44 AM9/19/07
to GWT Tk

All my problems are solved and I migrated to gwt 1.4.60

The solution for me was:

1) Follow Elliot.Wolk post on GWT forum:
I am reporting an incompatibility problem with gwt-tk 0.2.3 using GWT
1.4RC2. ComplexPanel.insert now disallows null for the container;
ModalDialog fails because ExposedCellPanel does the following:
/*
* Pass null and append the element manually so that
we can specify
* insertion order. Also note that the order of the
"children"
* WidgetCollection is not maintained.
*/
insert(w, null, getChildren().size());
Element td = getCellElement(cellIndex);
DOM.insertChild(td, w.getElement(), wIndex);
I replaced those three lines with this, and it works fine:
insert(w, getCellElement(cellIndex), getChildren().size(),false);

2) Erased GWT-tk binarys and recompiled them with GWT 1.4.60

Regards,
Freller

jonny.eight

Oct 13, 2007, 4:21:28 PM10/13/07
to GWT Tk
This fixed work for me. Those not familiar with ant (like I was 45
minutes ago) need to do the following to re-build

1. Edit global.properties and change the following line to point to
your GWT install e.g.
gwt.lib.location=/Develop/Developer/gwt-mac-1.4.60

2. Run ant e.g.
ant -Dproject.dir=/Develop/Developer/gwt-tk-0.2.3a/GWT\ Tk jarGwtTk

Note: I'm running on a mac, so I have to escape (via a backslash) the
space in the "GWT Tk" directory name

Jo Pelkey (Work)

Oct 18, 2007, 5:33:33 PM10/18/07
to GWT Tk
I am trying to use AlertDialog.createInfo(), etc. and am seeing
similar issues.
I am running on Linux (fedora core6 ) and firefox 2.

I made the modifications suggested above, but then I get another
exception (see below) and the dialog does not come up.

Any ideas?

[ERROR] Uncaught exception escaped
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: null
at
asquare.gwt.tk.client.ui.behavior.FocusModel.setFocusWidget(FocusModel.java:
272)
at asquare.gwt.tk.client.ui.AlertDialog.addButton(AlertDialog.java:
442)
at asquare.gwt.tk.client.ui.AlertDialog.addButton(AlertDialog.java:
400)
at
asquare.gwt.tk.client.ui.AlertDialog.createWarning(AlertDialog.java:
158)
at com.cassatt.skynet.ui.client.basewidgets.BaseWidgets
$1.onClick(BaseWidgets.java:94)
at
com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.ClickListenerCollection.fireClick(ClickListenerCollection.java:
36)
at
com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.FocusWidget.onBrowserEvent(FocusWidget.java:
98)
at com.google.gwt.user.client.DOM.dispatchEventImpl(DOM.java:1265)
at com.google.gwt.user.client.DOM.dispatchEventAndCatch(DOM.java:
1244)
at com.google.gwt.user.client.DOM.dispatchEvent(DOM.java:1211)
at
25)

lgarcia@ampf

Oct 24, 2007, 9:49:45 AM10/24/07
to GWT Tk
Hi

I made the modifications suggested above. It compiles fine, but my
modal implementations (Dialogs, etc) doesn't work.

Suggestions?