GWT meetup 2014

Bhaskar Janakiraman

Apr 9, 2014, 8:11:12 PM4/9/14
to gwt-st...@googlegroups.com
Hi gwt-steering,
Good news, I have approval to host a GWT contributor meeting for 30-40 people, similar to the one last year at Google MTV, with similar logistics. I'll be sending out details of this in the next week or so.

If you have any suggestions on how we can make it better, please send it to me.

Bhaskar

Christian Goudreau

Apr 10, 2014, 8:26:31 AM4/10/14
to gwt-st...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! Will it be one day or two?

Christian Goudreau | CEO - Président
M: 1.877.635.1585 | S: christian.goudreau

Joonas Lehtinen

Apr 10, 2014, 5:53:04 PM4/10/14
to gwt-st...@googlegroups.com
To make it (even) better, lets have less presentations and more time for planning.

Dr. Joonas Lehtinen, CEO

Brian Slesinsky

Apr 11, 2014, 1:41:22 PM4/11/14
to gwt-st...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps some time for coding too? We could spend some time working on stalled patches in gwt-review.

Bhaskar Janakiraman

Apr 22, 2014, 3:11:11 AM4/22/14
to gwt-st...@googlegroups.com
Some more details on this event:

When: June 23, 24 (Google I/O is June 25,26)
Where: At Google, Mountain View. Exact venue is TBD
Who: All GWT Steering Committee members and maintainers are invited. Any remaining spaces will be made open to other GWT contributors, not to exceed 40 people.
Cost: Participants need to fund their own trips/lodging etc, as it was last year (other than meals during the conference).

We haven't quite decided on the format.  I'm thinking it will be a combination of talks, workshops and planning meetings. But I wanted to give a heads-up to SC members and Maintainers so they can start planning their trips.

Thanks,
Bhaskar

Julien Dramaix

Apr 22, 2014, 6:17:47 AM4/22/14
to gwt-st...@googlegroups.com
Really Great ! I will be there and can present the finalized version of GssResource if there is a free slot for that.

+1 for the Brian's proposition. But I don't think that we should only work on stalled patches. We should also think about big contribution to gwt that can be done by external contributors (outside of Google) and start to work on or at least clear the ground.

Julien