Forcing pre-requisites before revealing actual bookmarked Presenter

Danny Robinson

Jul 13, 2010, 10:33:50 AM7/13/10
to GWT Presenter
Guys,

I'm working with the gwt-presenter-1.1.1-replace code (found here
http://borglin.net/gwt-project/?page_id=383) and so far I have a
working application. It is constructed as follows:

MainPresenter (WidgetContainerPresenter)
-- LoginPresenter
-- Parent1Presenter (WidgetContainerPresenter)
---- Child1Presenter
-- Parent2Presenter (WidgetContainerPresenter)
---- Child2Presenter
---- Child3Presenter

This works well, and I'm able to correctly manage/update my places and
bookmark take me to the right ChildXPresenter etc.

Now I need to introduce some pre-requisite panels (think of them Terms
& Conditions agreement panels) which I need to appear before
Child2Presenter or Child3Presenter appears. Users should be able to
bookmark Child2/3, but the next time they load that bookmark I need
the T's & C's panel to first appear.

Can anyone advise on the right approach to handle this? Where would
my intercept code go such that bookmarking would still work, and that
once the T's & C's were agreed to, how would I then go to the right
Presenter.

I am doing something similar for my LoginPresenter where I make a
check at the end of MainPresenter.onBind() and forward to
LoginPresenter if no session exists. However, I'm not certain this is
the right mechanism to intercept.

Thanks,

Danny