Migration to Github

Robert Munteanu

Mar 12, 2015, 5:00:43 PM3/12/15
to gwt-di...@googlegroups.com, gwt-pr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Not sure if you are aware, but google code is closing down [0]. The
important dates are:

- August 24, 2015 - The site goes read-only
- January 25, 2016 - The project hosting service is closed

A simple way of exporting projects to github is offered, including
source, wiki and issues.

I suggest migrating both gwt-dispatch and gwt-presenter to Github, and
am happy to press the button for both of them :-)

However, the question is where they should end up ; we probably should
create an org for them, rather than keeping them under my username.
Any suggestions for names? We can probably keep them under two
distinct orgs, but I'm not sure it's worth it.

Cheers,

Robert

[0]: http://google-opensource.blogspot.ro/2015/03/farewell-to-google-code.html

--
http://robert.muntea.nu/

David Peterson

Mar 12, 2015, 5:28:04 PM3/12/15
to gwt-pr...@googlegroups.com
I can set them up under randombits. I have some other libraries there already for some non-GWT projects.

Let me know your github ID and I'll give commit access.

Thoughts?

Regards,

David

--

---

Robert Munteanu

Mar 12, 2015, 5:30:53 PM3/12/15
to gwt-pr...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good to me. Does that apply to presenter and dispatch ( you
only replied to presenter )?

My github id is rombert
--
http://robert.muntea.nu/

David Peterson

Mar 12, 2015, 5:41:30 PM3/12/15
to gwt-pr...@googlegroups.com, gwt-pr...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I'll do the same for both.

Regards,

David

Robert Munteanu

Mar 12, 2015, 5:48:35 PM3/12/15
to gwt-pr...@googlegroups.com
Excellent, thank you

David Peterson

Mar 12, 2015, 8:56:36 PM3/12/15
to gwt-pr...@googlegroups.com, gwt-pr...@googlegroups.com
I’ve migrated gwt-presenter to:

Some pieces are still moving, but let me know if you come across anything that hasn’t bridged the divide.

Also, if you’re interested in commit access, let me know.

Regards,

David

David Peterson