gwt 2.8.0 -> 2.9.0, gin -> dagger, etc.

Robin Roos

May 17, 2020, 5:04:56 PM5/17/20
to GWTP
Hi Folks,

I'd like to see GWTP uplifted, specifically gwt 2.8.0 -> 2.9.0 (released in the last few days) and gin -> dagger.

It seems only polite to offer to contribute to this end.

The Contributor guidelines indicate source is in Mercurial, whereas the code appears to be on Github.  Can someone clarify this?  I can then clone from Git, create an issue for the dependency upgrades and a feature branch, and get going.

I also note that the current snapshot is 2.0-SNAPSHOT, but I don't see a 2.0 Milestone for issues which might form 2.0 content.  It might make sense for 2.0 to be preserved for GWT 3.0.0 adoption (J2CL etc.), in which case a dependency version (and dependency injection framework) upgrade might form valid content for a 1.7 release number.

Kind regards, Robin.

Robin Roos

May 18, 2020, 6:57:08 AM5/18/20
to GWTP
I jumped the gun here - GWT is not yet using Dagger.

I am looking into dependency convergence under issue #832.

Michael Harray

Jun 1, 2020, 7:54:26 PM6/1/20
to GWTP
+1 to this. With the GWT 2.9 release, we are beginning the migration process of our project to a GWT 3.0 safe system. We are using GWTP in our project and would like to continue using it into GWT 3.0 so need to make sure it's compatible.

Thanks

Robin Roos

Jun 2, 2020, 1:14:59 AM6/2/20
to gwt-pl...@googlegroups.com
My project was new. After a few days I dropped GWTP / GwtMaterialDesign for a Nalu/Domino.io. I believe these projects will accommodate GWT 3.0 when the time comes.

Cheers, Robin.

Sent from my iPhone 9