Layoutproblem with Scrolltable in IE8

Wolfgang

Sep 20, 2010, 3:09:30 AM9/20/10
to gwt-mosaic
I'm trying to use a PagingScrollTable or a LiveScrollTable in my
project. I took the code from the showcase example (with uibinder) ->
the table is shown correctly in Firefox but won't appear in IE8 (only
the header). If I'm clicking on the header to sort the data or
resizing the browser window the table will appear.
I tried the example with explicit size values (300px) - the result is
that the table appears normal in IE8.
So what can I do to use a dynamic resizing (100%)? Is something wrong
with the surrounding panel? Hopefully someone can give me a hint.

wolfgang

Sep 20, 2010, 9:06:22 AM9/20/10
to gwt-mosaic
I took a deeper look into AbstractScrollTable.java and found out that
the problem seems to be the clientHeight attribute.
The "DOM.getElementPropertyInt(getElement(), "clientHeight");" command
is returning "0" instead of the real height. After resizing the column
in the browser or sorting the data, the clientHeight value is set to
the correct height of the data.
How can I change this behavior so that IE8 is returning the real value?

Mike Warne

Sep 20, 2010, 2:55:01 PM9/20/10
to gwt-m...@googlegroups.com
Maybe IE8 hasn't yet calculated the height value when you are adding the table?

I would try Using  a Deferred command to call layout() on the panel at the end of your code.  That might force the table to re-calculate after IE8 has finished all its layout work.

Just a guess...

Mike.

wolfgang

Oct 11, 2010, 7:38:45 AM10/11/10
to gwt-mosaic
Thanks for your hint. That solved the problem. I just forced the panel
to layout after it was added.