GWT-Mosaic 2.0 compatibility

ctasada

Sep 30, 2010, 9:52:54 AM9/30/10
to gwt-mosaic
Hi George,

I see that you're working really hard in the new GWT-Mosaic 2.0 and
seems that the 0.4-rc4 is frozen. How compatible will be 2.0 with the
0.4? Will there ever be a 0.4 stable?

Thanks for this great library :)

Best Regards,
Carlos.

George Georgopoulos

Sep 30, 2010, 2:18:34 PM9/30/10
to gwt-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Mosaic 2.0 can be used in parallel with GWT 0.4, GWT 2.1 and any other library that is using the Widget class as the base class for controls.

For example this is the login screen of the application I am working at the moment:

http://mosaic.arkasoft.com/preview/

Its build with UiBinder and wrapped by a Mosaic 2.0 control:

        Control loginFormC = new Control(show, 450, 250) {
            @Override
            protected Widget createWidget() {
                final LoginForm result = new LoginForm();
                updateWidget(result, true);
                return result;
            }
        };

In general Mosaic 2.0 is an extension thats provides a new layout system and visual effects that you can mix with the laytout system provided by mosaic 0.4 or GWT 2.0.

It is very easy to create custom controls based on existing widgets like the incubator tables, or, to create new controls by using the primitive controls that mosaic 2.0 provides (Box, Text, Image) like in e.g. Button (still incomplete):

http://code.google.com/p/gwt-mosaic/source/browse/trunk/src/org/gwt/mosaic2g/client/scene/control/Button.java

About 0.4 stable: I will collect as many bug fixes I can that people will send. Most bugs are related with the table widgets from Incubator that in GWT 2.1 will be replaced anyway (but lets see the final 2.1 version first). The layout system in 0.4-rc4 should be stable enough. So please send any bug fixes or workarounds, or if you have svn access just commit and test with showcase if there is something broken.

Thanks for asking.

Kind Regards,
George.