what is the plan for a gwt-mosaic build that does't depend on gwt-incubator ?

Cameron Braid

Sep 9, 2010, 7:20:24 PM9/9/10
to GWTmosaic
I just found out that gwt 2.1 will not be compatible with gwt-incubator since `gwt-incubator is dead`

What is the plan for gwt-mosaic to release a version that doesn't depend on gwt-incubator ?

Cheers

Cameron

George Georgopoulos

Sep 13, 2010, 2:05:28 AM9/13/10
to gwt-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the plan for GWT Mosaic is to move to a new design based on a scene graph like JavaFx by providing layout using binding as well as container based layout management This is work in progress but I started already with adding documentation:

http://code.google.com/p/gwt-mosaic/wiki/GWTMosaic2g

The code can be found at the main trunk:

http://gwt-mosaic.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

You are welcome to post comments and to discuss about the design in the wiki pages.

A few demos about transitions that don't disturb the layout:

http://cpu1.arkasoft.com:8080/mosaic2g-hbox/
http://cpu1.arkasoft.com:8080/mosaic2g-autosize/

and a small presentation with transitions between segments (because of PNGs it doesn't look good in IE):

http://mosaic.arkasoft.com/gwt-mosaic-2g/

The old version of mosaic will continue to use the GWT Incubator tables as it is now.

Kind Regards,
George.

Duong BaTien

Sep 13, 2010, 11:18:52 AM9/13/10
to gwt-m...@googlegroups.com
Hello George:

Congratulation and glad to know the new direction of GWT Mosaic. Look
forward to the value adds of this framework on top of GWT 2.1 samples as
you did with the past versions.

Duong BaTien
DBGROUPS and BudhNet