com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode

Eernst Bunders

Aug 14, 2009, 5:21:17 PM8/14/09
to gwt-maven
hello

I just started out with this plugin, and it works ok (automatic mode),
except for one thing.
I want to use gwt 1.7, but it seems that the plugin is stuck on the
'old tools'.

during compiling i get this:
WARNING: 'com.google.gwt.dev.GWTCompiler' is deprecated and will be
removed in a future release.
Use 'com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler' instead.

when i enter hosted mode i get this:
WARNING: 'com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell' is deprecated and will be
removed in a future release.
Use 'com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode' instead.

Also i can see it in the target folder, it is the 'old' directory
structure.

So, i wonder. How can i make the plugin use the new tools. Any idears?

regards,

Ernst

Robert "kebernet" Cooper

Aug 14, 2009, 5:30:24 PM8/14/09
to gwt-...@googlegroups.com
Honestly, I am not sure what is in the maven repo right now, but if you set the gwtVersion property to 1.6 it should work properly with 1.7 or trunk as the GWT install/deps. The version detection just needs to be updated.

There is still a lingering problem on the mac with the "Compiler" and "HostedMode" classes where setting the work dir and extra dir causes a segfault on mac, so those options don't do anything currently.
--
:Robert "kebernet" Cooper
::kebe...@gmail.com

Ernst Bunders

Aug 16, 2009, 4:11:07 AM8/16/09
to gwt-...@googlegroups.com
hello Robert

Thanks for your reply. The plugin (maven) version that i'm using is:

<groupId>com.totsp.gwt</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-googlewebtoolkit2-plugin</artifactId>
<version>2.0-RC1</version>

I copied this from the site documentation. perhaps it is really old? I don't think so, though.

I hereby attach the pom file, perhaps you would be so kind to take a quick look. Perhaps it's  really obvious to you.

thanks,

Ernst
--
Ernst bunders
Ontwikkelaar VPRO

Charlie Collins

Aug 17, 2009, 12:37:38 PM8/17/09
to gwt-maven
We shouldn't be encouraging people to try to use this with 1.6 and
1.7. This project is deprecated, use the Codehaus plugin.
See the front page for details - http://code.google.com/p/gwt-maven/.

Yes, there is some 1.6 support in the trunk, and possibly in the 2.0-
RC1 release, but none of it is well documented or tested and so on,
and really it shouldn't be used - let's move to Codehaus like we have
discussed at length here. (And Cooper, if you want to contribute
there, you would be welcome, I have asked a few times, just let me
know if you want to get invited on there.)

On Aug 16, 4:11 am, Ernst Bunders <ebund...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello Robert
>
> Thanks for your reply. The plugin (maven) version that i'm using is:
>
> <groupId>com.totsp.gwt</groupId>
> <artifactId>maven-googlewebtoolkit2-plugin</artifactId>
> <version>2.0-RC1</version>
>
> I copied this from the site documentation. perhaps it is really old? I don't
> think so, though.
>
> I hereby attach the pom file, perhaps you would be so kind to take a quick
> look. Perhaps it's  really obvious to you.
>
> thanks,
>
> Ernst
>
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Robert "kebernet" Cooper <
>

> keber...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Honestly, I am not sure what is in the maven repo right now, but if you set
> > the gwtVersion property to 1.6 it should work properly with 1.7 or trunk as
> > the GWT install/deps. The version detection just needs to be updated.
> > There is still a lingering problem on the mac with the "Compiler" and
> > "HostedMode" classes where setting the work dir and extra dir causes a
> > segfault on mac, so those options don't do anything currently.
>
> > On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Eernst Bunders <ebund...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> hello
>
> >> I just started out with this plugin, and it works ok (automatic mode),
> >> except for one thing.
> >> I want to use gwt 1.7, but it seems that the plugin is stuck on the
> >> 'old tools'.
>
> >> during compiling i get this:
> >> WARNING: 'com.google.gwt.dev.GWTCompiler' is deprecated and will be
> >> removed in a future release.
> >> Use 'com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler' instead.
>
> >> when i enter hosted mode i get this:
> >> WARNING: 'com.google.gwt.dev.GWTShell' is deprecated and will be
> >> removed in a future release.
> >> Use 'com.google.gwt.dev.HostedMode' instead.
>
> >> Also i can see it in the target folder, it is the 'old' directory
> >> structure.
>
> >> So, i wonder. How can i make the plugin use the new tools. Any idears?
>
> >> regards,
>
> >> Ernst
>
> > --
> > :Robert "kebernet" Cooper
> > ::keber...@gmail.com
> > Alice's cleartext
> > Charlie is the attacker
> > Bob signs and encrypts
> >http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9E8759F8
>
> --
> Ernst bunders
> Ontwikkelaar VPRO
>
>  pom.xml
> 11KViewDownload

Ernst Bunders

Aug 18, 2009, 4:59:17 AM8/18/09
to gwt-...@googlegroups.com
hello Charlie

I started out using the codehouse plugin, but i couldn't get it to work. It kept asking for a 'valid' value for the runTarget property.
I couldn't get it to work. So, perhaps i should have used their mailing list, but i just looked a bit further for another plugin, and i found this one.

I won't mind switching though, I just don't like plugins that give me the fealing that i have a new hobby. Perhaps i should give it another go.

thanks,

Ernst

Farrukh Najmi

Aug 18, 2009, 8:56:06 AM8/18/09
to gwt-...@googlegroups.com
The codehaus gwt-maven-plugin is the way to go. Version 1.1 pretty decent and stable. Just post to that projects list if you have issues.
--
Regards,
Farrukh