Maven GWT Plugin copies multiple versions of the same snapshot jars

Asim

Sep 25, 2011, 10:09:14 PM9/25/11
to gwt-maven
Hi,

I have this issue where I build my project (`mvn clean install`), some
of the transitive dependencies are snapshot versions and are
downloaded and copied into the target webapp directory e.g
`XXXUtil-1.0-20110922.172721-52.jar`. Then when I run `mvn gwt:run`,
it finds uses `XXXUtil-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar` and copies it to the target
webapp directory. I can't figure out why this is happening. In doesn't
matter whether I run as exploded or inplace.

<plugins>
<!-- GWT Maven Plugin -->
<plugin>
<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>2.3.0-1</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<goals>
<goal>compile</goal>
<goal>i18n</goal>
<goal>generateAsync</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
<configuration>
<runTarget>Shell.html</runTarget>
<hostedWebapp>${webappDirectory}</
hostedWebapp>
<i18nMessagesBundle>com.myapp.client.Messages</
i18nMessagesBundle>
</configuration>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.google.gwt</groupId>
<artifactId>gwt-user</artifactId>
<version>${gwt.version}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.google.gwt</groupId>
<artifactId>gwt-dev</artifactId>
<version>${gwt.version}</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
</plugin>

<!-- Copy static web files before executing gwt:run -->
<plugin>
<version>2.1.1</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<phase>compile</phase>
<goals>
<goal>exploded</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
<configuration>
<!-- <outputFileNameMapping>@{artifactId}@-@{version}@.@{extension}
@</outputFileNameMapping> -->
<webappDirectory>${webappDirectory}</
webappDirectory>
</configuration>
</plugin>
</plugins>

None of the suggestions described here help:
http://www.tikalk.com/alm/forums/maven-war-plugin-picking-multiple-version-same-snapshot-jars

Jesse Farinacci

Sep 25, 2011, 10:33:10 PM9/25/11
to gwt-...@googlegroups.com
You have the wrong mailing list. This mailing list and plugin are
dead. Check out http://mojo.codehaus.org/gwt-maven-plugin/

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 10:09 PM, Asim <asmal...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

-Jesse