gwt-maven app referencing non-existent CSS

badgerduke

Oct 15, 2009, 4:31:35 PM10/15/09
to gwt-maven
maven-googlewebtoolkit2-plugin 2.0-RC1

I've been working with gwt-maven for a couple months and never had
problems with CSS. All of the sudden, a particular verision of my CSS
appears to be frozen into my application. That is, any changes I make
to my CSS are not reflected in my application, I get the same styles,
every time I run the plugin. I took the CSS file out of my project
and still the same styles are present. I'm thinking the browser might
have some kind of cache but I cannot find another CSS file on my
drive.

Here is the plugin from my pom which hasn't changed for quite a while:

<plugin>
<groupId>com.totsp.gwt</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-googlewebtoolkit2-plugin</artifactId>
<version>2.0-RC1</version>
<configuration>
<compileTargets>
<value>com.gallup.sme.Application</value>
</compileTargets>
<runTarget>com.gallup.sme.Application/Application.html</
runTarget>
<logLevel>INFO</logLevel>
<noServer>false</noServer>
<extraJvmArgs>-Xmx512m -Dlog.directory=c:/log -Dlog.level=INFO -
DstateDataID=${stateDataID} -DdevWSpath=${devWSpath} -
DwsFile=ws_broker.main</extraJvmArgs>
<gwtVersion>${gwtVersion}</gwtVersion>
</configuration>
<executions>
<execution>
<goals>
<!-- <goal>mergewebxml</goal>-->
<!-- <goal>i18n</goal>-->
<goal>compile</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

My CSS file is stored in {project-home}\src\main\resources\com\gallup
\sme\public which is where my Application.html resides.

If anybody has ideas on this, it would help me greatly to hear
thoughts.

Thanks
Eric

Charlie Collins

Oct 16, 2009, 10:30:23 AM10/16/09
to gwt-maven
Are you using GWT inheritance and modules? If so, and if your CSS is
injected (defined in the MODULE, rather than in host page),
then it might be coming from a compiled module? Just a guess, but
something to be aware of (the difference between an injected
resource with a module, and a host page based link).

badgerduke

Oct 18, 2009, 11:24:24 AM10/18/09
to gwt-maven
Here is my gwt.xml:

<module>

<!-- Inherit the core Web Toolkit stuff.
-->
<inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>

<!-- inherit css based theme -->
<inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.theme.standard.Standard'/>

<inherits name='com.google.gwt.http.HTTP'/>

<inherits name='com.allen_sauer.gwt.dnd.gwt-dnd'/>

<!-- <inherits name="org.adamtacy.GWTEffects"></inherits> -->

<!-- Specify the app entry point class.
-->
<entry-point class='com.gallup.sme.client.Application'/>

<!-- Specify the application specific style sheet.
-->
<stylesheet src='kpi.css' />
<stylesheet src='cohort.css' />
<stylesheet src='sme.css' />
<stylesheet src='Calendar.css' />
<!-- <stylesheet src='file://c:/temp/test.css' /> -->
<!-- <stylesheet src='Tab.css' /> -->

<servlet path="/cohortservice"
class="com.gallup.sme.server.cohort.rpc.CohortImpl"/>
<servlet path="/kpiservice"
class="com.gallup.sme.server.kpi.rpc.KPIImpl"/>

</module>

If I deploy to a server, the styles are rendered correctly. But the
embedded Tomcat is stuck with the old styles.

Eric