adding gwt compile output to a jar...not a war

Rob

Oct 5, 2009, 11:33:29 AM10/5/09
to gwt-maven
Hi,

I'm relatively new to GWT and I'm having an issue and I'm wondering if
i'm *possibly* misusing the plugin. Essentially what I'm trying to do
is generate a 'shared' module consisting of plain pojo types that I
would like to reference in downstream projects Here's what I'm
seeing:

I'm setting the gwt plugin to send my compiler output to target/
gwt.output directory using this pom snippet:

<plugin>
<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.1</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<goals>
<goal>compile</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
<configuration>
<modules>
<module>xyz.moduleDef</module>
</modules>
<webappDirectory>target/gwt.output</webappDirectory>
</configuration>
</plugin>

however, despite adding the following resource definition:

<resources>
<resource>
<directory>target/gwt.output</directory>
</resource>
</resources>

My gwt.output directory is not being added. I have the impression this
is because the gwt:compile task occurs after the gather-resources
lifecycle phase, but I'm not exactly sure what is happening. Does
anyone have any insight into what the best-practice is for this type
of setup? Is anyone else including gwt artifacts in a JAR rather than
a WAR?

thanks in advance,
Rob

Charlie Collins

Oct 12, 2009, 4:18:18 PM10/12/09
to gwt-maven
That's a common use case, so I think the codehaus plugin should
support that.

This is the wrong list though, try: http://mojo.codehaus.org/gwt-maven-plugin/mail-lists.html.

Also note: http://mojo.codehaus.org/gwt-maven-plugin/user-guide/library.html