gwt:test fails because test classes not compiled

Eric

Oct 22, 2009, 5:22:11 PM10/22/09
to gwt-maven
I'm trying out Maven for the first time on a multi-module GWT project,
and I've reached a roadblock. When I try 'install' on the parent
project, the test phase fails with a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException. I checked my WEB-INF/
classes directory, and it turned out that none of the test classes
were ever compiled. How do I set up testing correctly?

I'm using the latest release of the gwt-maven-plugin and am running in
Eclipse 3.5. If that matters, I'm not afraid to go back to a command
line.

Respectfully,
Eric Jablow

Farrukh Najmi

Oct 22, 2009, 5:45:16 PM10/22/09
to gwt-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

It would be easier to investigate if you gave the full stack trace.
--
Regards,
Farrukh

Eric

Oct 22, 2009, 5:31:25 PM10/22/09
to gwt-maven

On Oct 22, 5:22 pm, Eric <erjab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying out Maven for the first time on a multi-module GWT project,
> and I've reached a roadblock. When I try 'install' on the parent
> project, the test phase fails with a  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
> caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException. I checked my WEB-INF/
> classes directory, and it turned out that none of the test classes
> were ever compiled. How do I set up testing correctly?

That wasn't exactly the problem. The test class was compiled to the
(standard) test-compile directory; reading the documentation helps.
This makes the NoClassDefFoundError more mysterious.

Respectfully,
Eric Jablow