Maven GWT Plugin broken?

J.V.

Oct 26, 2009, 10:12:18 PM10/26/09
to gwt-...@googlegroups.com
I was pointed to this link:

http://mojo.codehaus.org/gwt-maven-plugin/user-guide/archetype.html

I did this:

mvn archetype:generate \
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.codehaus.mojo \
-DarchetypeArtifactId=gwt-maven-plugin \
-DarchetypeVersion=1.1 \
-DgroupId=gwtsandbox \
-DartifactId=myFirstGWTApp

but got and error

[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
reference :template = archetype-resources/pom.xml [line 30,column 16] :
${gwt.version} is not a valid reference.
[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
reference :template = archetype-resources/pom.xml [line 36,column 16] :
${gwt.version} is not a valid reference.
[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
reference :template = archetype-resources/pom.xml [line 85,column 21] :
${maven.compiler.source} is not a valid reference.
[WARNING] org.apache.velocity.runtime.exception.ReferenceException:
reference : template = archetype-resources/pom.xml [line 86,column 21] :
${maven.compiler.target} is not a valid reference.
[INFO]

any ideas on why the Maven GWT plugin could be broken?

Steve Moyer

Oct 27, 2009, 5:25:53 AM10/27/09
to gwt-...@googlegroups.com
I ran the same command a got a different set of warnings ... mine are
due to my environment (my settings.xml has a mirror defined that no
longer exists), but the project was still created and it compiles and
runs just fine (in hosted mode). Try running the following command in
the directory with the pom.xml file.

mvn gwt:run -DrunTarget=gwtsandbox.Application/Application.html

Hope this helps, smoyer

Charlie Collins

Oct 27, 2009, 2:22:47 PM10/27/09
to gwt-maven