unanswered codehaus question

David Durham

Jul 13, 2009, 6:12:17 PM7/13/09
to gwt-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, I posted this question on the codehaus plugins mailing list
and got no response. Have not seen anyone else post to the list, so
not sure what's going on. Anyway, I post the question here hoping
someone has seen it. Thanks.

I keep getting the following error message when building a war (mvn
package) for 1.6.4.
Anyone know how to fix it?

GWT module 'com.googlecode.gxtforms.demo.Application' needs to be
(re)compiled, please run a compile or use the Compile/Browse button in
hosted mode

Here's my build:

<build>
<outputDirectory>war/WEB-INF/classes</outputDirectory>
<plugins>

<plugin>
<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>gwt-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.1</version>
<configuration>
<gwtVersion>${gwtVersion}</gwtVersion>
<module>com.googlecode.gxtforms.demo.Application</module>
<runTarget>index.html</runTarget>
</configuration>
<executions>
<execution>
<goals>
<goal>compile</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

<plugin>
<version>2.1-beta-1</version>
<configuration>
<warSourceDirectory>war</warSourceDirectory>

<warSourceExcludes>com.googlecode.gxtforms.demo.Application</warSourceExcludes>
</configuration>
</plugin>

<plugin>
<version>2.0.2</version>
<configuration>
<source>1.6</source>
<target>1.6</target>
</configuration>
</plugin>
</plugins>

</build>

Charlie Collins

Jul 16, 2009, 5:05:22 PM7/16/09
to gwt-maven
Sorry, I haven't been active in the Codehaus project yet. I haven't
had time. Also, this project is pretty much deprecated, and I don't
know a lot about the codehaus plugin, yet (even though they started
from our codebase, after they start they went a different direction).
So, I would recommend you bump the post over there. No response is
frustrating, and I hope they keep an eye on it better than that over
there, but I can't speak for that project, I would just try again,
sorry.

Sam Brodkin

Jul 20, 2009, 4:02:17 AM7/20/09
to gwt-maven
David See this solution: http://code.google.com/p/gwt-maven2-starter-app/issues/detail?id=5&can=1

On Jul 16, 11:05 pm, Charlie Collins <charlie.coll...@gmail.com>

David Durham

Jul 21, 2009, 2:48:59 AM7/21/09
to gwt-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 3:02 AM, Sam Brodkin<sambr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> David See this solution: http://code.google.com/p/gwt-maven2-starter-app/issues/detail?id=5&can=1

I have a slightly better solution. I just delete the contents of
war/com..myapp/ and then run mvn package. Think it has something to
do with artifacts from the hosted mode browser making it into the war.

-Dave