GWT ext custom app data retrieval issue

vbhansaly

May 4, 2010, 3:01:56 PM5/4/10
to GWT-Ext Developer Forum
I am currently working on adding some GWT-Ext based apps which will
have few text fields, Autocomplete fields etc.

For eg, there could be an Autocomplete field containing 'First names'.
First name will be displayed to the user & corresponding user id will
be passed on to the server upon submission.

As a part of the feature, its required to save the content of the
fields, & retrieve again on the same field later on.

Everything works fine, except in case of retrieval in the autocomplete
field, while 'setting' the value, user id gets set, so wats displayed
is raw integer rather than description. due to which my selenium test
cases fail.
So how to display the description ?

It would be really helpful, if anyone has faced something similar &
would like to share the experience.

Thanks,