GWT-Dispatch for Server to Server Communication?

Evan Ruff

Jan 8, 2012, 7:11:21 PM1/8/12
to gwt-di...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm currently starting a project that has both a GWT AppEngine component and an Amazon EC2 cluster. I'd really like to further leverage Guice and my Action/Result/Handler classes to send data and messages between all the servers. Has anyone used GWT-Dispatch to do this sort of communication from server to server?

I was thinking about trying to extend it using the ObjectOutputStream to handle the Serialization, then ObjectInputStream on the receiver, but I ran out of steam trying to figure out how to inject the bindHandlers and such.

Any tips or experiences out there?

Thanks!

Daniel Kurka

Jan 8, 2012, 7:17:55 PM1/8/12
to gwt-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Evan,

of the top of my head. The serialization you are looking for is already inside the RemoteServiceServlet in GWT (the java side of GWT RPC). I did some digging there about two years ago and reused some of this code. I know that we had some changes in GWT RPC and the Servlets so I can`t give you any exact pointers...

- Daniel

Papick G. Taboada

Jan 9, 2012, 2:30:51 AM1/9/12
to gwt-di...@googlegroups.com
This one is easy. Expose your dispatch service using Spring httpinvoker.

Brgds

Papick G. Taboada
+++

Evan Ruff

Jan 10, 2012, 8:26:18 AM1/10/12
to gwt-di...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the pointers. I actually stumbled upon a gwt-syncproxy project on Google Code:

It's pretty much a drop-in library. I haven't rolled it out yet, but it's been testing really well with the GWT-Dispatch framework.

Thanks for the tips!