Using session attributes

Ákos Tomasits

Mar 12, 2012, 11:08:19 AM3/12/12
to GWT Dispatch
Dear All,

I'd like to store certain attributes in session scope that need to be
accessible by ActionHandlers. Also, as a result of some ActionHandler
executions, these attributes should be updated.

Could you please tell me, what would be the best way to accomplish
this?

The DispatcherServlet only passes the shared (between client and
server side) action parameter to ActionHandlers:

void execute(Action action) {
return dispatch.execute(action);
}

Thank you!

Robert Munteanu

Mar 12, 2012, 11:13:31 AM3/12/12
to gwt-di...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Ákos Tomasits <akos1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'd like to store certain attributes in session scope that need to be
> accessible by ActionHandlers. Also, as a result of some ActionHandler
> executions, these attributes should be updated.

Hi,

If you use Guice or Spring, both of these frameworks should allow you
to get access to the Session using something like
Provider<HttpSession> .

Ronert

--
Sent from my (old) computer

Ákos Tomasits

Mar 12, 2012, 12:08:11 PM3/12/12
to GWT Dispatch
Yes, that worked, Thank You!!

Guess serious developers should not write code without applying these
frameworks (Guice or Spring)... :)

Kind Regards,
Ákos