DateBox should not use timezone

Frank Mena

Aug 30, 2013, 9:51:36 PM8/30/13
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com
There is a problem with DataBox (DataBoxBase), where is adjusts the date for the client timezone.  This is a problem if you want to be able to display and select birthdays.  It calls:.

dtf.format(value)

where it should call:

dtf.format(value, TimeZone.createTimeZone(0))

What happens is if you call setValue() with a date of 7-1-2013, it will display 6-30.2013 if the server is GMT and the client is for example PST.

Even if I am incorrect and there are times where you would want to timezone adjust, there should be an option to disable this.  I had to subclass DateBox and overload all the methods that calls dft. format().

Just forwarding this in case you or others are unaware of the problem.

Regards,

Frank Mena