Responsive design problem - Imbricated elements don't stack... - (bis)

Claude Coulombe

Feb 12, 2013, 10:34:44 AM2/12/13
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com

Greetings folks,

I would like to stack all the content of my container (including the imbricated content) in one column as I've got using the original Bootstrap library.

A code snippet worths a thousand words:

Note : R1, C1 stands for Row 1, Column 1, IR1,IC2 stands for imbricated Row 1, imbricated Column 2

<!DOCTYPE ui:UiBinder SYSTEM "http://dl.google.com/gwt/DTD/xhtml.ent">
<ui:UiBinder xmlns:ui="urn:ui:com.google.gwt.uibinder"

xmlns:g="urn:import:com.google.gwt.user.client.ui"

xmlns:b="urn:import:com.github.gwtbootstrap.client.ui">

<g:HTMLPanel>

<b:FluidContainer>

<b:Row>

<b:Column size="3">

<b:Label>R1,C1</b:Label>

</b:Column>

<b:Column size="9">

<b:Row>

<b:Column size="7">

<b:Label>R1,C2 - IR1,IC1</b:Label>

</b:Column>

<b:Column size="2">

<b:Label>R1,C2 - IR1,IC2</b:Label>

</b:Column>

</b:Row>

<b:Row>

<b:Column size="7">

<b:Label>R1,C2 - IR2,IC1</b:Label>

</b:Column>

<b:Column size="2">

<b:Label>R1,C2 - IR2,IC2</b:Label>

</b:Column>

</b:Row>

</b:Column>

</b:Row>

</b:FluidContainer>

</g:HTMLPanel>
</ui:UiBinder>

The CSS sheets are (in that order) :

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="gwt-bootstrap.css">

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="bootstrap.min.css">

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="bootstrap-responsive.min.css">

Renders like that when I shrink my window :

(in fact the right part is hidden when my window is very small)

But I would like to get something more like that (which I've got using the original Bootstrap):

I 've tried a lot of things, FluidRow, insert more than one FluidContainer, change the CSS (but I'm not a CSS expert).

Any help is welcome!

Claude Coulombe

Feb 12, 2013, 12:16:13 PM2/12/13
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com
And the answer is: Enable ResponsiveDesign !!!

How to enable Responsive Design?

<set-property name="bootstrap.responsiveDesign" value="true"/>

In the gwt xml configuration file...

The fact that some content was stacked let me think that responsive design was enabled.
I suggest that « responsive design » should be enabled by default.
Why not?

Sorry to bother the all the group, but the answer could be useful to other newbies...

Ohashi, Keisuke

Feb 12, 2013, 8:58:42 PM2/12/13
to gwt-bootstrap-ml
Hi Claude.
Sorry I'm late reply.

About Why not responsive design is not default.
umm...
maybe it not have a big reason.
the bootstrap-responcive.css have be separated in original Bootstrap .
Maybe it's a reason.

Zeenia khan

Dec 19, 2014, 9:10:29 AM12/19/14
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com