Inline DropdownButtons and NavBar

Joseph Lust

Aug 12, 2012, 9:13:59 PM8/12/12
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com
Great work guys! I've dived into converting my site to gwt-bootstrap this weekend, but found a few things not working as expected, such as the following. Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated  :)

I'm trying to get a SplitDropdownButton in the NavBar like I've seen done in Twitter Bootstrap sites like the below:

However, when placing a SplitDropDownButton or DropDownButton in a NavBar, next to a NavSearch item, it just adds a new row. If no NavSearch is used, it does not add a new row:

Code:
    <b:ResponsiveNavbar>
        <b:Brand>MySite</b:Brand>
        <b:Nav>

            <b:Nav>
                <b:Dropdown text="Find">
                    <b:NavLink icon="USER" iconSize="LARGE">Friends</b:NavLink>
                    <b:NavLink icon="FLAG" iconSize="LARGE">Teams</b:NavLink>
                    <b:NavLink icon="BAR_CHART" iconSize="LARGE">Calculators</b:NavLink>
                </b:Dropdown>
            </b:Nav>
        </b:Nav>

        <b:Nav alignment="RIGHT">
            <b:NavSearch size="2" placeholder="Search" />

            <b:SplitDropdownButton icon="USER" type="INVERSE"
                text="Favorite User">
                <b:NavLink icon="USER" iconSize="LARGE">Profile</b:NavLink>
                <b:NavLink icon="COG" iconSize="LARGE">Settings</b:NavLink>
                <b:Divider />
                <b:NavLink icon="OFF" iconSize="LARGE">Logout</b:NavLink>
            </b:SplitDropdownButton>

        </b:Nav>

    </b:ResponsiveNavbar>

It is also worth nothing that while 'INVERSE' has been set as the button type, only the dropdown arrow became INVERSE, but not the entire split button, as it does in the Twitter Bootstrap example pages.

Any ideas on how to force alignment to be on the same line without having to hack the CSS? Thanks.

Sincerely,
Joseph

Ohashi, Keisuke

Aug 13, 2012, 7:48:43 PM8/13/12
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Joseph.

Sorry, right now I have no-idea for this.
I'll try something. ;-)

Regards.

--
keisuke oohashi