bootstrap.css html classes clash with third party widgets

Christian Achilli

Jun 9, 2014, 7:58:54 AM6/9/14
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I may be doing something wrong but here's my problem.
I want to add som gwt-bootstrap to my existing gwt application (because they look so cool! ;) )

The problem is that in bootrap.css ther are some declarations for, like, table elements, that get applied to my exististing widgets and I don't really want that.

Is there a way to have the gwt-bootstrap css applied only to the bootstrap widgets? Maybe you could add some id to the boostrap widgets that can be used in the css classes?

Thanks for any help
Chris

Greg Dougherty

Jun 13, 2014, 11:48:24 AM6/13/14
to gwt-bo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

I ran into a similar problem, and learned that at least you can add !important to a definition in your css file, and it will override the setting in the bootstrap.css file, even if the bootstrap.css file gets loaded after yours.  eg:
    padding: 2px !important;

This overrides it for everybody, so you're affecting the bootstrap items as well,but at least it keeps bootstrap from breaking the rest of your app.

Greg